Living Ink Pt 1

[18:07:52] <Tox>~Hey, Addison…~ Mike's draped over the couch, The Journal over his face.
[18:08:49] <~Gwen>Addison looks from her laptop in her condo and adjusts her glasses. ~'Sup, boss?~
[18:08:53] <Tom90deg>Zoe is doing Yoga, like a boss
[18:09:33] <Tox>~I may be…leaving soon.~ His voice has that oddly dream-like quality of someone riding the edge of sleep.
[18:11:19] <~Gwen>~You…Mike, are you sleep thinking /again/~
[18:12:02] <Tox>~What?~
[18:12:18] <~Gwen>~You're not making sense and you sound like you're half asleep.~
[18:13:32] <Tox>~Mmm…~ He yawns, pulling himself upright, The Journal falling off of his face. ~Mh. I said, I might be leaving for a while.~
[18:14:56] <~Gwen>~Leaving? To go where? Back to Sacramento? Are you taking vacation time in California and /not/ taking me with you?~
[18:15:47] <Tom90deg>Zoe looks over at the sitting up Mike
[18:16:42] <Tox>~Fremont, for one…and no, to follow my vision quest. It's weird…it feels like I can only read The Journal when it wants to be read.~ He frowns, tilting his head. ~It's like I can't understand it, it doesn't make sense anytime else. I just understood that it wants me to head back to the States to pick it up.~
[18:17:55] <~Gwen>~…for how long?~
[18:18:23] <Tox>~…I don't know. Until I find the first Shrine, and this thing isn't exactly a roadmap.~
[18:20:34] <~Gwen>There is immense sadness from Addison's end. ~…okay? Does the Director know?~
[18:21:42] <Tox>~…I'm sorry, Addison, you can't know how sorry I am for having to leave you.~ A resigned anguish, muted but not masked entirely, and a sense of longing. ~How am I going to explain it to him?~
[18:22:13] <~Gwen>~Be blunt…he knows everything…~
[18:22:48] <Tox>~You think he'd understand?~
[18:25:27] <~Gwen>~He's the Director…I literally have no idea how to answer that question.~
[18:25:45] Tox|Laptop (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.EDB96CC1-CRInys|amitlU#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.EDB96CC1-CRInys|amitlU) joined the channel.
[18:29:11] Alivi (~moc.rr.ser.anilorac.BD95CCF5-CRInys|ivilA#moc.rr.ser.anilorac.BD95CCF5-CRInys|ivilA) joined the channel.
[18:38:26] Scantron (~ten.tsacmoc.nm.1dsh.6EEFF072-CRInys|nacsded#ten.tsacmoc.nm.1dsh.6EEFF072-CRInys|nacsded) joined the channel.
[18:43:55] <Tom90deg>Zoe goes back to doing Yoga
[18:44:48] <Alivi>Raine goes to the lounge, he doesn't know why. Just felt like going on a walk.
[18:44:51] <Tox|Laptop>Mike sighs. ~I guess so…maybe I should do that now…~
[18:45:10] <Tox|Laptop>Mike's there, looking /awfully/ pensive, the Journal laying open on the floor.
[18:45:25] <Tom90deg>Zoe is also there, contorting into a odd shape
[18:45:29] <Scantron>Satyana appears to have obtained a generic MP3 player which she is currently fiddling with in an attempt to get it to make good music noises.
[18:45:39] <~Gwen>Addison walks into the lounge and glances at Zoe. "You're going to get stuck that way one day." She looks Mike and smiles.
[18:45:43] <Alivi>Raine looks at Mike, "Heya!" He looks over at Zoe somewhat weirded out, ~how do girls do that…~
[18:46:18] <Tox|Laptop>"Hey, Raine," he says, somewhat abstracted as he picks the book off the floor.
[18:46:30] <Tox|Laptop>He smiles back at Addison.
[18:47:01] <Tom90deg>"Naw!"
[18:47:09] <Tom90deg>"I'll be fine."
[18:48:22] <Alivi>"How are you?"
[18:48:30] <Tox|Laptop>"I'm…well."
[18:53:18] <Alivi>"That's good…"
[18:54:43] <Lurker>Raj slips into the lounge silently, coffee in hand.
[18:56:15] <~Gwen>Agent Zharkov enters the lounge. "Team Two. The Director wants you in the conference room now. Crisis time." There is nothing but seriousness in her voice…she even looks more stern than normal.
[18:56:18] <Tox|Laptop>Mike sighs, tucking the Journal into his vest.
[18:56:35] <Tom90deg>Zoe untangles herself and hops to her feet.
[18:56:37] <Tox|Laptop>Mike stands. "Yes ma'am." He turns his head. "You heard the lady."
[18:56:41] <Lurker>Raj stops, spins on his foot, and heads towards the conference room.
[18:56:47] <Lurker>He didn't even make it like 5 steps, ffs.
[18:56:48] <Tox|Laptop>Mike gets moving.
[18:57:06] <Tom90deg>Zoe heads off to the confrence room
[18:57:08] <Alivi>Raine looks over at Agent Zharkov, a little disturbed at her tone. He follows Mike and the others to the conference room.
[18:57:14] <~Gwen>Addison also heads out to the conference room.
[18:58:16] <Tom90deg>Zoe flops and takes a seat
[18:59:32] <Alivi>Inside the conference room the director is standing holding onto the back of his chair, his knuckles white from the force of his grip. There is tension in his features, that makes him look almost…older.
[19:00:31] <Tox|Laptop>Mike tilts his head. "Boss…? Everything good?"
[19:01:28] <Alivi>Raine comes to a stop next to the doorway standing in the back with the others. The Director holds up a hand, "We need to wait for everyone to come before I start this meeting…"
[19:02:09] <Tox|Laptop>Mike looks back. "My team's assembled, sir."
[19:02:17] <Alivi>"Not everyone is here."
[19:02:27] <~Gwen>The door opens once more and Dr. Saari walks in, hands in her lab coat pocket. "Director, is it true," she asks…carefully.
[19:02:27] <Tom90deg>"What's up?"
[19:02:41] <Tom90deg>"Is what?"
[19:02:50] <Tox|Laptop>"Is..what true?"
[19:04:35] <Alivi>The Director looks over at Dr. Saari, he gives no indication of acceptance but decides it is time to start the briefing. "Agents, two days ago two BSA Field Agents based out of Japan went missing. Today, Field Agent Ishihara's body was found outside on the steps of the Aichi Prefectural Police Department." He slides forward folders containing information on the two agents and the autopsy report.
[19:05:07] <Tom90deg>Zoe picks them up. "Hm…What were they looking into?"
[19:05:20] <Tox|Laptop>Mike's eyes light up, and he pores over the documents. "What was cause of death?"
[19:05:28] <~Gwen>Dr. Saari opens a file, as does Addison.
[19:05:41] <Lurker>Raj picks one up and starts scanning all the information.
[19:06:45] <Alivi>"That is the problem, they were not on any assignment at the time. It appears that Agent Ishihara was tortured over the period and beaten. The cause of death was a mixture of blunt force trauma and blood loss." The Director looks angrier as he continues, "Agent Genta still is missing."
[19:07:11] <~Gwen>A soft 'perkele' is heard from the direction of Dr. Saari as she looks over the autopsy. Addison looks up. "They weren't on any assignment!?"
[19:07:15] <Tom90deg>"Were they together?"
[19:07:47] <Tox|Laptop>Mike narrows his eyes. "Are there any commonalities between them that would point to…something they got caught up in together?"
[19:07:47] <Alivi>Raine looks uncomfortable as the talk continues, especially when he hears Dr. Saari curse.
[19:08:17] <Scantron>Satyana, having failed to hear them over her music, arrives in the conference room late. She smiles and sits quietly in her normal seat.
[19:08:37] <Alivi>"It appears that fellow workers saw the two leave the agency building together. They did not return."
[19:09:02] <Tom90deg>"Were they "together" together though?"
[19:09:12] <Tox|Laptop>Mike frowns softly.
[19:09:21] <Lurker>Raj slowly raises a hand.
[19:09:50] <Tom90deg>"They must of had a reason to go somewhere…."
[19:09:53] <Tox|Laptop>"Are there any leads…at all?"
[19:09:58] <Alivi>The Director smiles a bit, shaking his head. "No, just co-workers." He looks over at Raj, the seriousness taking over his features once again, "Yes, Raj?"
[19:11:26] <Lurker>"Do we have any reason to believe that Agent Genta may have defected to an unknown group, or turned rogue?" He says this completely calmly, and casually.
[19:12:49] <Alivi>The Director looks at Raj deadpan, "I trust Agent Genta implicitly." He looks at the others, "From what I've understood, their co-workers heard them say they were going for some drinks in the Sakae district."
[19:12:55] <Tom90deg>"IN any case, we need to get to Japan I guess." Zoe looks slightly uncomfortable at this.
[19:13:16] <Alivi>Raine looks over at Zoe, "You ok?"
[19:13:18] <~Gwen>"I've always wanted to go there."
[19:13:34] <Tox|Laptop>"Sakae district." Mike nods, then looks at Zoe. "Something wrong?"
[19:13:37] <Tom90deg>"Fine. Just…not hugely looking forward to going to Japan."
[19:13:54] <Tox|Laptop>"Did Japan do something to offend you?" he asks lightly.
[19:14:13] <Tom90deg>"No, but China did something to Japan that I imagine they took a great deal of offence at."
[19:14:15] <~Gwen>Dr. Saari looks to the Director. "I'll have the medical BAT prepped and ready." She glances to Mike. "Agent Weyland, I'm going to call a friend at the London Metropolitan Police and get us a police run to the airport, can you be ready soon after briefing?"
[19:15:13] <Tox|Laptop>"I can be ready in two. Can't speak for the rest of my team, but I'm sure they'll make it quick. Why the huge rush, Doctor?"
[19:15:21] <Tox|Laptop>"What's going on that you're not tellin' us?"
[19:15:32] <Alivi>Raine nods accepting the answer. The Director looks back at the group, "Right," He nods at Saari. "You will all be meeting a contact at the Chubu Centrair International Airport."
[19:15:35] <Scantron>"I've been to Japan before. It's not too bad. Crowded."
[19:15:47] <Tom90deg>"I'm sure it'll be fine."
[19:15:52] <~Gwen>"I don't like when an Agent might be dying in the field, Michael."
[19:16:07] <Alivi>"Agent Weylend, one of my agents is dead. And another missing. I would prefer not to add two names to that list."
[19:16:23] <Tox|Laptop>"Yes boss."
[19:16:42] <Tox|Laptop>"Is there anything else?"
[19:17:14] <Lurker>Raj reads over the folder, picks out anything he deems important, then leaves the rest of the files and the folder on the table. The important papers go into his pocket.
[19:19:46] <Alivi>"Not at the moment, you are to go to Japan immediately. Do your best Agents."
[19:19:53] <Tom90deg>Zoe gets to her feet and heads on down to the car
[19:20:13] <Tox|Laptop>"Yes boss. Wheels up in five, people, let's go."
[19:20:16] <Tox|Laptop>Mike's out the door.
[19:20:52] <Tom90deg>Zoe takes shotgun
[19:21:06] <Scantron>Satyana, after stopping to grab her things, gets in the car as well.
[19:21:22] <Alivi>Raine goes out of the door as well, he walks towards the car and gets in
[19:21:34] <Tox|Laptop>Mike's driving because fuck you Addison he'd like to get there alive and they're getting a police escort, not the time to play silly buggers with traffic law
[19:22:47] <Lurker>Raj makes sure he has everything he needs, and then heads to the motor vehicle.
[19:23:51] <~Gwen>Addison takes her seat in the back, opening up her laptop. She starts typing. "We're using Interpol cover again, I guess." Dr. Saari's limo is waiting for them by the garage doors. Flashing lights can be seen on the other side of the doo.
[19:23:55] <~Gwen>door.
[19:24:41] <Tox|Laptop>"Not sure. We'll figure it out when we meet our contact." Mike pulls into the street.
[19:25:17] <Tom90deg>"Suppose so."
[19:25:33] <Scantron>Satyana cringes as she accidentally the volume on her music listening device. She dials it down immediately.
[19:25:51] <Alivi>Raine just sits there quietly. He flips through the file. But doesn't say a word.
[19:26:01] <Tom90deg>"Well I'm sure it'll be intresting in any case. Never been to Japan."
[19:26:08] <Tox|Laptop>Mike sighs softly. ~Raine…Zoe…Raj, I'm so sorry.~
[19:26:50] <~Gwen>With little warning, Saari's Limo and two of the four police cars take off into traffic, burning rubber. The other two police cars start to speed up with the Team's car.
[19:27:04] <Tox|Laptop>Assuming Addison's paying attention, she hears this.
[19:27:13] <Tox|Laptop>Mike presses the pedal down, pacing the limo.
[19:27:43] <Tom90deg>"What bout?"
[19:27:56] <Tom90deg>*disregard
[19:30:32] <~Gwen>The ride to the airport is a little intense. On the tarmac there are two planes, one is the team's plane. The other is the Bureau medical plane, labelled with the international sign for: 'Don't shoot the medic."
[19:31:08] <Tom90deg>"Why do we have two planes?"
[19:31:24] <~Gwen>"One of them is Dr. Saari's ride."
[19:31:30] <Tom90deg>"Right, sorry."
[19:31:33] <Tom90deg>"Duh."
[19:31:36] <Alivi>Raine looks over at Addison, "So she is going to come as well?"
[19:32:00] <~Gwen>"I guess so. She seemed mighty pissed about a dead agent…so did the Director…I think?"
[19:32:20] <Tox|Laptop>Mike pulls the Rover into the plane, tail first.
[19:33:19] <Alivi>Raine looks at the Autopsy report. "He looks like he was beat up pretty badly."
[19:34:19] <Tox|Laptop>"We thinking mundane or supernatural here?"
[19:34:31] <~Gwen>Addison nods and then opens the door as the rear of the plane starts to close. She closes her laptop. "I certainly hope we don't meet the same fate." For anyone who cares, Addison isn't wearing her ring.
[19:34:44] <Tom90deg>"Well, bad form to assume before we have more information."
[19:35:05] <Tom90deg>"For all we know it could be a mugging gone wrong."
[19:35:08] <Tox|Laptop>Mike cares, and he noticed.
[19:35:18] <Alivi>"I guess….and I hope so…" Raine noticed at his party.
[19:35:24] <Tox|Laptop>"Kind of a leap to call in your ealite squad, no?"
[19:35:27] <Tom90deg>Zoe cares, but she dosn't notice.
[19:35:28] <Tox|Laptop>*elite
[19:35:33] <~Gwen>"It's never just a mugging gone wrong in our line of work."
[19:35:46] <Tom90deg>"Ehh….You never know."
[19:35:56] <Tom90deg>"I'm not saying it was. Just an option, you know?"
[19:36:00] <Tox|Laptop>Mike steps out, moving to squeeze Addison's shoulder in a reassuring gesture.
[19:36:04] <Alivi>"It is still an agent missing… no matter what we just should be prepared." Raine nods over at Zoe.
[19:36:21] <Tom90deg>zoe climbs on out of the car and goes up to the main cabin of the plane.
[19:36:30] <Alivi>Raine follows the rest of them.
[19:36:40] <Scantron>Satyana gets out of the car and wanders into the main plane area. She eventually settles on some energetic irish dance music stuff and taps her foot to the beat, apparently tuning the other people out.
[19:36:49] <Lurker>Raj heads into the plane.
[19:38:07] <Tom90deg>"So…what's our first stop? Their apartments?"
[19:38:27] <Tom90deg>"If they had some sort of weird thing, they'd leave some sort of note, just in case."
[19:38:30] <Tom90deg>'I mean, I would."
[19:38:41] <Tox|Laptop>"Good a place as any," Mike says. "We could also go the police department, talk to the coworkers."
[19:38:57] <Alivi>"We would probably find the contact first…right?"
[19:39:05] <Tom90deg>"Right."
[19:39:08] <Tox|Laptop>"Well, yes. I meant after that.
[19:39:09] <Tox|Laptop>"
[19:39:17] <Tox|Laptop>"And assuming he didn't have any leads."
[19:39:23] <Alivi>Raine smiles he is finally starting to understand a pattern of this mission.
[19:39:58] <Tom90deg>"So…what's the first stop?"
[19:40:12] <Tox|Laptop>"I plan to treat this like any murder investigation. First step is to reconstruct their last hours as accurately as possible."
[19:40:19] <Tom90deg>"Right."
[19:40:35] <Tox|Laptop>"Who they associate with, where they went, why they went there, who they saw, etc." He ticks off points.
[19:40:57] <Tox|Laptop>"If anyone had grudges, we need to know."
[19:41:09] <Alivi>Raine pays close attention to Mike, he nods as he ticks off each point.
[19:42:10] <Tox|Laptop>Mike sighs, thinking. "First step is their lodgings. That's the best way to get a sense of someone, plus their effects could help us build a timeline."
[19:42:41] <Lurker>Raj listens as he checks over his pistol and rifle. It might be worth noting he's dressed in a way to easily conceal the majority of his weapons, and still look fashionable. The only one that stands out is the sword that'll be sitting on his waist as usual.
[19:42:41] <~Gwen>The plane takes off and is in Japan in roughly 12 hours. Saari's lands shortly thereafter.
[19:43:19] <Tox|Laptop>"If we can find evidence of a routine, any deviations /from/ that routine in the few days prior to his death bears investigating."
[19:43:33] <Tox|Laptop>"And the other's disappearance, of course."
[19:43:52] <Tox|Laptop>"That they were seen leaving in each other's company suggests a commonality."
[19:44:04] <Scantron>"I'll keep my eyes peeled for any supernatural elements."
[19:44:23] <Alivi>Raine nods as well.
[19:44:25] <Tom90deg>"Right."
[19:44:25] <Tox|Laptop>"That's good thinking," Mike nods, heading to the Rover.
[19:44:53] <Tom90deg>Zoe heads on back and climbs in the rover as well.
[19:45:15] <~Gwen>Addison follows and climbs in as well.
[19:45:19] <Lurker>Raj - after making sure he doesn't look conspicuous - heads out and climbs in.
[19:45:51] <Alivi>Raine does so as well.
[19:46:09] <Tox|Laptop>Mike eases the Rover out of the plane's belly, awaiting instruction.
[19:46:10] <Scantron>Satyana does the same shortly.
[19:47:05] <Alivi>It is early morning Japan, the Chubu Centrair International Airport is situated on the water on a man-made island, they are instructed to make their way over to the airport gates.
[19:47:17] <Tom90deg>Zoe does so
[19:47:39] <Lurker>As does Raj
[19:48:20] Scantron is now known as Scanshits
[19:48:44] <Tox|Laptop>Mike does so, changing modes of transport when needed.
[19:49:00] <Tom90deg>No, zoe dosn't, she's in acar.
[19:49:20] <Tom90deg>"Right, lets check in with the police and head to their apartments."
[19:50:13] <Tox|Laptop>"Mhm." Mike looks around for their contact. "Hey, Addison, can you brainwave us Japanese? Reading and speaking?"
[19:51:32] <Alivi>Outside the gates there is a young Japanese man with a red scarf waiting in the passenger pick up section, he is holding a sign with somewhat interesting handwriting that reads "WEYLEND & FRIENDS"
[19:51:50] <Tom90deg>"That's a new one…"
[19:52:08] <Tox|Laptop>Mike raises an eyebrow so hard it threatens to achieve orbit.
[19:52:34] <Tox|Laptop>"That /is/ interesting."
[19:53:03] <Alivi>"You think that is him?" Raine asks tilting his head.
[19:53:11] <Tom90deg>"I…guess?"
[19:53:19] <Tom90deg>Zoe approaches!
[19:53:23] <Tox|Laptop>"Either that, or the best-laid trap ever."
[19:53:32] <~Gwen>Addison shakes her head. "I can't brainwave asian languages…they're…complicated."
[19:53:32] <Tox|Laptop>Mike breaks off and approaches.
[19:53:44] <Tox|Laptop>"Worth a shot. Thanks anyway."
[19:54:20] <Alivi>The man is holding the sign waiting, looking around. Everyone except Zoe roll presence.
[19:55:42] <Lurker>1d10e+2 Presence I guess?
[19:55:43] <Quidmore>Lurker: Presence I guess?: 1d10e+2=4 (2)
[19:56:25] <Lurker>1d10e Presencve
[19:56:26] <Quidmore>Lurker: Presencve: 1d10e=3 (3)
[19:56:58] <Tox|Laptop>1d10e+3 Presence!
[19:56:58] <Quidmore>Tox|Laptop: Presence!: 1d10e+3=9 (6)
[19:57:34] <~Gwen>1d10e+5
[19:57:35] <Quidmore>Gwen: 1d10e+5=12 (7)
[20:00:04] Scanshits is now known as Scantron
[20:00:38] <Scantron>1d10e+3 presence
[20:00:38] <Quidmore>Scantron: presence: 1d10e+3=7 (4)
[20:01:39] <Alivi>Satyana, Raine, Mike, and Addison get many stares and a couple whispers as Japanese people see them. A little kid points at Addison's hair, saying something excitedly in Japanese to their mother with them.
[20:02:09] <Tox|Laptop>Mike doesn't even curr. He's learned to tune that out.
[20:02:30] <Lurker>Raj is invisible.
[20:02:31] <Scantron>Satyana cares very little because since when do the opinions of other people matter? She's still listening to music, even.
[20:02:47] <Tox|Laptop>He approaches the sign-wielder. "Good afternoon."
[20:02:53] <~Gwen>Addison rolls her eyes at the gawking. "Oh great…we stick out…"
[20:03:14] <Tom90deg>"We do?"
[20:03:25] <Alivi>The man turns and notices Addison first, He seems Mike "Ah! Hello!" He bows. "I am Yamada Ryosuke! I am your translator here in Japan, [good to meet you.]" He bows again.
[20:03:26] <Lurker>"Speak for yourself, bluehair."
[20:03:32] <Alivi>sees*
[20:03:36] <Tom90deg>Zoe waves. "Hello."
[20:03:51] <~Gwen>"You're Asian, Zo…you don't stand out."
[20:04:46] <Tox|Laptop>"A pleasure to meet you…" he fumbles. What's the protocol again? He's not Japanese….it could be seen as ingratiating to use the Japanese honorifics. "…Mr. Yamada," he finishes.
[20:04:51] <Tom90deg>"No, I'm chinese, not Japanese. Racist." zoe says with a grin.
[20:05:17] <Alivi>"Konnichiwa!" he waves at Zoe, "I am very excited to be on this assignment with foreigners who speak English well. I want to do my best to help you here in Japan. You can call me Ryo." He bows again, "You are Weylend-san?"
[20:06:37] <Tox|Laptop>Mike nods. "Yes, Ryo. Michael Weyland."
[20:07:04] <Tox|Laptop>"We're here about the…incident in Aichi Prefecture."
[20:07:35] <Alivi>"Nice to meet you!" He bows again, and turns to the group, "I am to direct you to the Aichi Prefectural Police Department. It is in Nagoya so we can either take Meitetsu Line and Subway or we can take car, whichever you prefer."
[20:07:55] <Lurker>"I think a car would be preferrable. More… comfort."
[20:08:19] <Tox|Laptop>Mike shrugs. He's heard…stories of Japanese subways. "A car should be fine, Ryo." He smiles.
[20:08:24] <Alivi>He nods. "Ah…and I am very sorry about my English, it is not that good. But I promise to do my best."
[20:08:27] <Tom90deg>"And less attention."
[20:08:30] <Tom90deg>"No worries."
[20:09:01] <Alivi>Raine looks around somewhat unnerved by all the attention, "Yea….cars are definitely better."
[20:09:32] <Scantron>Satyana shrugs. "It's going to be some flavor of crowded regardless. A car works."
[20:09:57] <Alivi>Another little girl points at Addison, "[Mommy! I want hair like hers she looks like magical girl!]" The mother glares at Addison and dismisses her daughter's comment rushing off and away from the foreign group.
[20:10:17] <Lurker>"If you have any trouble," Raj says, extending a hand to Ryo. "[I may be of assistance in translation.]"
[20:11:11] <Tom90deg>"Anywho, shall we head on to the scene?"
[20:11:13] <Alivi>Ryo looks at Raj uneasily. "[um…w-what?]"
[20:11:25] <Tox|Laptop>"Raj…"
[20:11:55] <Lurker>Raj has a fairly strange accent. Definitely nothing modern. "I said that right, didn't I?"
[20:12:00] <Alivi>He seems confused. "Your Japanese, sir, is very strange, and old…I am sorry I do not understand you well…"
[20:12:13] <Lurker>He shrugged. "I tried."
[20:12:31] <Alivi>Ryo bows again, "I am sorry forgive me."
[20:12:36] <Tox|Laptop>"He had an old-fashioned mentor," Mike says. Somehow he manages to keep a straight face.
[20:13:50] <Alivi>"So let's go to the car, I can answer any questions that you want to know. The Director says you are a good team and that you will help us in this time of trouble." Ryo smiles at the group.
[20:13:52] <Lurker>"[Apologies,]" Raj bows as well.
[20:14:19] <Alivi>Ryo looks alarmed at Raj, "No, No, No, forgive me." He bows again at Raj.
[20:14:49] <Tom90deg>Zoe coughs.
[20:14:55] <Alivi>Raine looks at Mike, "So….shall we go then?"
[20:15:07] <Lurker>Raj chuckles and gives a nod.
[20:15:37] <Tox|Laptop>"Yes, we shall." Mike starts off, following Ryo.
[20:16:11] <Alivi>Ryo looks at his watch, "You do not need lunch right? If so I can call ahead and they can prepare you food if you want. Or we can wait until evening however that might be difficult."
[20:17:06] <Tox|Laptop>"I know I didn't eat on the plane. Anyone else hungry?"
[20:17:19] <Scantron>"I'm fine."
[20:17:29] <Tom90deg>"I'm fine."
[20:17:42] <Lurker>Raj shakes his head and raises a hand. "Not right now."
[20:17:43] <~Gwen>"I'm always hungry."
[20:18:15] <Alivi>Raine shrugs, "I can use something to eat."
[20:18:21] <Tox|Laptop>Mike, who had been despairing, perks up at Addison's assent. "If it wouldn't be too much trouble, Ryo, could you please?"
[20:18:41] <Alivi>Ryo nods and smiles, "Ok I will call and place order for some food."
[20:19:08] <Alivi>He looks around, "Where is the car you wanted to take?" He assumed they had one. He took the meitetsu and subway to the airport.
[20:19:25] <Tom90deg>"Where is the car?"
[20:19:29] <Tox|Laptop>"I think we can all fit in the Rover, right? It's back this way."
[20:20:41] <Tom90deg>"Cool."
[20:20:42] <Alivi>"Ok." Ryo and Raine both follow Mike.
[20:20:54] <Tom90deg>Zoe also follows mike to the car
[20:21:51] <Tox|Laptop>Mike guides his band of merry men (and women) back to the Rover, then pulls into the streets. "You'll have to give me directions, Ryo; I don't think my GPS has support for Japan." He glances at Addison for confirmation/refutation.
[20:22:15] <~Gwen>Addison looks to him and pulls out her iPad. "I can get support. Give me two seconds."
[20:23:02] <Alivi>"It is ok," he looks down and frowns at his cellphone. "I am sorry Weylend-san… it seems that the people at the department cannot prepare food right now. But if it is not troublesome maybe I can treat you tonight if that is ok. Again I apologize."
[20:23:43] <Tom90deg>"No problem, we've got more things to do now anywho."
[20:23:52] <Alivi>Computer roll please <3
[20:23:56] <~Gwen>1d10e+10 Computers (w/ Hacking specialty)
[20:23:58] <Quidmore>Gwen: Computers (w/ Hacking specialty): 1d10e+10=16 (6)
[20:24:22] <Tox|Laptop>Mike shifts his gaze to Ryo. They really /are/ hospitable…but he knows how Addison eats, and it'd likely break this poor public servant's wallet. "Oh, no, that's no problem, Ryo. Thank you for the offer, though."
[20:24:42] <Alivi>The Ipad gives it full support to Addison and Mike, showing them the quickest way to get to the Aichi Prefectural Police Department.
[20:25:01] <Alivi>Ryo shakes his head, "Do not worry, I know a good place to go. Allow me to please make up for my mistake."
[20:26:06] <Scantron>Satyana gestures vaguely at Ryo.
[20:26:13] <Tox|Laptop>Mike turns his attention to the GPS unit, following its directions like a good little human slave. "Alright, Ryo." He smiles and nods a little.
[20:27:06] <Alivi>Ryo brightens. "Thank you so much," The ipad gives good directions however it does not prepare Mike for the amount of bad drivers in this prefecture which incidentally enough has the highest amount of car accidents in all of Japan.
[20:28:44] <Tom90deg>"Hey Addy….looks like your kind of place."
[20:28:59] <Tox|Laptop>Ah, that's right. Honor /is/ important to-what the /fuck./ "The hell was that?!" Mike gestures angrily at whatever offense the car in front of him committed. Fortunately, Mike's reflexes are solid and he continues apace.
[20:29:20] <Alivi>Raine grips his seat, what is it about this life and being in dangerous car Scenarios???
[20:29:39] <~Gwen>Addison looks up. "I'd just try and run these folks off the road…"
[20:29:40] <Alivi>The small car in front of Mike gives a rather angry small *beep* back at him.
[20:30:20] <Tox|Laptop>"And that is why we don't let you drive very often, Addison," he grins.
[20:31:05] <Tom90deg>"Times like this i wish we could use the rocket launchers."
[20:31:11] <Alivi>They soon come to the police department.
[20:31:23] <Tox|Laptop>Mike looks for a parking space!
[20:32:29] <Alivi>There are some. But not many that look like it could accommodate a car the size of the rover. However there are two spots available some ways down from the building.
[20:33:09] <Tox|Laptop>"/Everything/ is smaller in Japan," he grouses to himself as he heads to one of the spaces that looks like it'll fit.
[20:33:58] <Alivi>is he going to the spot of two or is he just going to one?
[20:34:15] <Tox|Laptop>What
[20:34:37] <Tom90deg>"Lets play it safe Mike."
[20:34:38] <Tox|Laptop>The spot some ways down, that'll fit the Rover.
[20:35:13] <Scantron>"That's because the island is smaller. It's not just physical, either — it's near a wrinkle in the metaphysical and spiritual planes, too, so things tend smaller even when it's not absolutely necessary."
[20:35:36] <Alivi>He would have to part it in both spots. That one spot isnt big enough.
[20:35:50] <Tom90deg>"Huh. Didn't know that."
[20:36:26] <Alivi>Raine looks surprised as does Ryo, "Really?" Ryo asks stunned.
[20:36:36] <Tox|Laptop>Mike pulls up to the parking spot. "Oh, buggery," he groans. "Well, needs must." He parks it in both spots. ;~;
[20:37:02] <Tox|Laptop>But he's not happy about it.
[20:37:07] <Tom90deg>"Ahh, fulfill that sterotype Mike."
[20:37:10] <~Gwen>Addison looks to him. "Who can't drive…well park…now, boss!"
[20:37:17] <Scantron>"That's the simplified version, but yes. The theory has much more descriptive usefulness than it does applicability."
[20:37:49] <Tom90deg>Zoe hops out
[20:38:02] <Tom90deg>"How far away is their apartments
[20:38:05] <Tom90deg>?"
[20:38:59] <Tox>"Addison, this isn't my fault."
[20:39:06] <Tox>"Zoe, you too."
[20:39:27] <Tom90deg>"Psssh."
[20:39:37] <~Gwen>Addison makes a cute a face and then slips out of the car.
[20:39:44] <Alivi>Ryo looks surprised at Zoe, "You mean Genta-san and Ishihara-san?"
[20:39:46] <Tox>"I physically cannot park this in a single spot, unless you can somehow bend the laws of time and space." Which, of course, the MPV /can/ do, but they're in mixed company.
[20:39:59] Quidmore (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.EDB96CC1-CRInys|XtoBcriP#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.EDB96CC1-CRInys|XtoBcriP) left IRC. (Connection reset by peer)
[20:40:17] Quidmore (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.EDB96CC1-CRInys|XtoBcriP#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.EDB96CC1-CRInys|XtoBcriP) joined the channel.
[20:41:04] <Scantron>Satyana exits the vehicle. She sniffs the air, then frowns. She's not a fan of it.
[20:41:18] <Tox|Laptop>Mike exits as well.
[20:41:22] <Tom90deg>Zoe looks over at Ryo. "Ah yes, them."
[20:41:32] <Tom90deg>"We'll need to check their apartments."
[20:42:03] <Alivi>The air is actually quite clean, however it is also quite cold.
[20:42:46] <Alivi>Ryo looks very surprised, "That is impossible…"
[20:42:53] <Tom90deg>"Um…"
[20:42:55] <Tom90deg>"Why?"
[20:43:03] <Tox|Laptop>"Impossible…?"
[20:43:29] <Alivi>"Ishihara-san lived in Tokyo, and Genta-San lives in Himeiji."
[20:43:49] <Tom90deg>"Well..where were they staying?"
[20:43:51] <Tox|Laptop>"They didn't live here?"
[20:44:45] <Scantron>Satyana doesn't like the clean air. She likes the air to have a little something in it. She takes a vial out of her pocket and smells it, then puts it back.
[20:44:46] <Alivi>"They commuted often."
[20:45:03] <Tom90deg>"Crap."
[20:46:21] <Tox|Laptop>"Well, crap. Hmm. How…far away are those places from here?"
[20:46:39] <Tom90deg>"Do you know where the body was found?"
[20:46:46] <Tom90deg>"And where the bar they were heading to was?"
[20:48:28] <Alivi>"Tokyo is about 120 mins on Shinkansen but costs 120 dollars… and it takes four hours in car…"
[20:48:58] <Tom90deg>"Right well…we'll see there later."
[20:48:58] <Tox|Laptop>Jesus. These guys took their jobs reeeaaaally serious like.
[20:49:18] <Alivi>"Himeji is three hours by car and two hours in Shinkansen, but it cost around 90 dollars."
[20:49:19] <Tox|Laptop>Or the background radiation made all their brains fizzle out.
[20:49:28] <Tox|Laptop>…Mike isn't sure which.
[20:50:10] <Alivi>"The body was found here. On the steps of this police building," Ryo gestures behind him.
[20:50:22] <Alivi>"They were going to Sakae as far as I know."
[20:50:26] <Tom90deg>"Huh."
[20:50:40] <Tom90deg>"Well, that makes that part easier."
[20:50:52] <Tox|Laptop>"Would there be any way to examine their offices and work computers?"
[20:50:56] <Tom90deg>"Did he have anything on him at the time?"
[20:51:39] <Alivi>"You may, yes. He did not. His wallet and other items were taken off of him."
[20:51:47] <Tom90deg>"Damn."
[20:52:24] <Tox|Laptop>"We should go inside, investigate them. Maybe we'll turn up a lead there, since we're on the clock and we have no time to investigate their houses.
[20:52:51] <Alivi>Raine looks around and sighs not too sure what else to think. The fact he can't read anything is bugging him.
[20:52:52] <Tom90deg>"Yah."
[20:53:02] <Alivi>"Ok." Ryo bows and leads the way into the police department.
[20:53:53] <Tox|Laptop>Mike follows behind!
[20:53:58] <Tom90deg>zoe does too!
[20:54:21] <Scantron>Satyana follows as well!
[20:55:07] <Alivi>Inside the police building there is a lot of bustle and hustle. However Ryo leads them to a quiet set of rooms, there inside is a couple other men and some women working. Perception Check.
[20:55:31] <~Gwen>1d10e+5
[20:55:32] <Quidmore>Gwen: 1d10e+5=14 (9)
[20:55:45] <Tox|Laptop>1d10e+8 Wits + Composure + Wolf Senses
[20:55:45] <Quidmore>Tox|Laptop: Wits + Composure + Wolf Senses: 1d10e+8=14 (6)
[20:56:02] <Tom90deg>1d10+3
[20:56:02] <Quidmore>Tom90deg: 1d10+3=10 (7)
[20:56:23] <Scantron>1d10e+7 can you perceive my /bootalicious/ /bod/
[20:56:23] <Quidmore>Scantron: can you perceive my /bootalicious/ /bod/: 1d10e+7=8 (1)
[20:56:25] <Lurker>1d10e+8 Wits + Composure + Inner Sight
[20:56:25] <Quidmore>Lurker: Wits + Composure + Inner Sight: 1d10e+8=14 (6)
[20:56:33] <Scantron>Satyana is distracted by her music.
[20:56:52] <Alivi>Everyone except for Satyana realizes this is a BSA office.
[20:57:40] <Tox|Laptop>Mike's eyes light up. "Oh—hey. I recognize this." Mike nods. "Nice cover."
[20:58:05] <Alivi>Ryo closes the door behind him and greets one of the female workers. She bows back and asks something in Japanese to Mike. Ryo turns, "She says, Thank you for coming. But she is worried about Genta-San, we all are especially after Ishihara's body was discovered. She wants to know how she can help. We all do."
[20:58:22] <Tom90deg>"Oooh…"
[20:59:32] <Tox|Laptop>Mike sighs, back in his home turf. "Well…we'd like to know if Genta and Ishihara were investigating anything supernatural, even on their own time, or if they had any paths that crossed, anything they did together. We have to assume the disappearances are linked until we're proven wrong."
[20:59:52] <Tom90deg>"Right."
[20:59:53] <Scantron>"Cover?"
[21:00:11] <Tox|Laptop>"BSA outpost, Satyana."
[21:00:50] <Tom90deg>"yup."
[21:00:51] <Scantron>"Oh."
[21:01:03] <Scantron>"I… guess I can see it…"
[21:01:50] <Lurker>"So it was a message," Raj says, frowning.
[21:02:07] <Tom90deg>"Damn."
[21:02:19] <Tom90deg>"There goes the hope that this will be simple."
[21:02:54] <Alivi>Ryo turns and asks the question, she responds and Ryo translates, "They had just finished a tough case and went to Sakae to get drinks to celebrate. They were really close friends and a good team. Their loss is very hard on all of us." Ryo frowns a bit as she continues to talk, he turns to her and it becomes apparent she is addressing him. They speak for a bit and Ryo rubs the back of his neck smiling embarrassed. He turns back again to Mi
[21:02:54] <Alivi>"I am sorry that I might have been a bit rude. Maybe we can go to Sakae now and get some food and do some investigating there. Following their footsteps. Is that ok?"
[21:03:16] <Tom90deg>"Sure."
[21:04:44] <AliviHe turns back again to Mike, "I am sorry that I might have been a bit rude. Maybe we can go to Sakae now and get some food and do some investigating there. Following their footsteps. Is that ok?"
[21:05:08] <Lurker>"Everyone, be on your guard," Raj says calmly. "There is a very high chance once we leave? We'll be being watched. If they knew enough to drop Ishihara here, then they're probably watching - whoever they are."
[21:05:14] <Tox|Laptop>Mike nods. "Sounds good. Do we know what bar they usually frequent?"
[21:05:29] <Tox|Laptop>"Let them watch. We're aware, a larger group, and better armed."
[21:05:32] <~Gwen>Addison looks up. "Bar? Ooh, I could go for a drink."
[21:05:45] <Tox|Laptop>"Addison, we're on duty. No drinking."
[21:06:33] <Scantron>"That reminds me, I should be keeping my tolerance up… never know when pixies will show up."
[21:07:30] <Alivi>"There is none that I know of, lets get going." He motions to the team, "Also drinking in Japan on work is not a bad thing, in fact it is more polite so maybe one or two is ok for her?"
[21:07:54] <Alivi>Raine mentally agrees with Addison. Drinking is fun!
[21:08:07] <Tox|Laptop>"I'd be worried about dulled senses, Ryo, if we get accosted or need to react quickly."
[21:08:08] <~Gwen>Addison glances to Ryo. "I like him."
[21:08:13] <Tom90deg>"Huh. Didn't know that."
[21:08:24] <Tom90deg>"I'm good for no drinking though."
[21:08:30] <Tom90deg>"LEts get to the bar then, shall we?
[21:08:43] <Tox|Laptop>Mike makes to exit the BSA outpost.
[21:09:09] <Scantron>Satyana follows him.
[21:09:20] <Alivi>"Alright, there are many bars in Sakae, we can go check."
[21:09:34] <Tom90deg>"Right."
[21:09:42] <Tom90deg>"LEts go with the closest one, that's most likely."
[21:09:47] <Alivi>Ryo gets into the car, and Raine follows.
[21:09:50] <Tox|Laptop>Mike sighs. This could be an arduous process. Or…not so arduous, if they get attacked.
[21:09:56] <~Gwen>Addison climbs into the car
[21:09:58] <Tox|Laptop>Mike takes the driver's seat.
[21:10:22] <Tox|Laptop>"Eyes sharp, everybody. Everyone got their bluetooths on?"
[21:10:53] <Tom90deg>"Yup."'
[21:11:03] <Alivi>"Bluetooth?" Ryo looks confused.
[21:11:07] <Lurker>Raj nods, tailing Mike.
[21:11:10] <Alivi>Raine nods, "Yep."
[21:13:08] <Tox|Laptop>"The cerebral communicators we use," Mike explains to Ryo, getting moving.
[21:14:05] <Scantron>"On."
[21:14:11] <Tom90deg>"Right then…"
[21:14:15] <Tox|Laptop>"Solid."
[21:14:36] <Alivi>"Oh… that is exciting. But I imagine it is something only field agents have. Not someone like me." He smiles and nods as he directs the way to Sakae which is actually not that far. Within a couple minutes they are there. Having arrived in the area. Parking spaces are quite easy to find in such a bustling downtown area.
[21:14:38] <Tom90deg>Zoe walks on down the road, looking for any allys or anything.
[21:14:38] <~Gwen>"Field agents with a telepath on the team." Addison taps her temple.
[21:14:57] <Alivi>"Ah…." Ryo nods, "So cool."
[21:15:19] <Tox|Laptop>Mike finds a parking spot and steps out, taking a steadying breath.
[21:15:29] <Tom90deg>Zoe climbs out as well. "Hmm…"
[21:16:00] <Tox|Laptop>"Alright. Any guesses, Ryo? Any bars that are more police-friendly than others? A common hangout?"
[21:16:11] <Alivi>As they get out of the car, Ryo begins to walk around, showing them the area.
[21:16:17] <Alivi>"Not that I know of."
[21:16:30] <Tox|Laptop>Mike accompanies. Oh, this could be either very hard or very easy…
[21:16:53] <AliviRyo is looking around as if trying to decide a good place. However another professionally dressed Japanese Man approaches and taps Ryo on the shoulder after talking Ryo looks at the group. "He says that he is on his way to get some food at a good bar with good prices and is inviting us to come along."
[21:17:09] <Tom90deg>"That…is very frendly."
[21:17:23] <Tox|Laptop>«/Too/ friendly.»
[21:17:33] <Tox|Laptop>«Stay alert.»
[21:17:34] <Tom90deg>«Worth springing the trap?»
[21:17:35] <Alivi>«What do you mean?>Raine asks.
[21:18:34] <Tox|Laptop>«We're a group of people, veyr obviously /foreign/ people with a Japanese guide. And this other guy comes along and offers to take us to a good bar? Not on this or any other planet. This reeks of a trap.»
[21:18:56] <Tom90deg>«Well, mayas well…it's a lead.»
[21:18:58] <Tox|Laptop>«So let's spring it.>Mike tilts his head, pretending to think about it. "Sure," Mike says, nodding.
[21:19:15] <Tox|Laptop>«Know where your weapons are, people.»
[21:19:19] <Tom90deg>"Sounds fun."
[21:19:28] <Tom90deg>«Oh…and tell Ryo.»
[21:19:33] <Alivi>Ryo nods, it is obvious he does not think this is out of the ordinary. "Most times bars will try to cheat you, however sometimes other Japanese people help out foreigners it is very nice."
[21:19:38] <Tom90deg>«He may not know our line of thought.»
[21:20:17] <Alivi>The man starts walking towards a nearby bar. Ryo follows and enters behind him.
[21:20:19] <Tox|Laptop>"Understood." He sidles up to Ryo as they change tack. "Hey, Ryo," he murmurs quietly.
[21:20:24] <~Gwen>«We should go. I like the sound of his….»
[21:20:39] <Alivi>Ryo pauses and turns to Mike, "Yes? What is it?
[21:20:39] <Alivi>"
[21:20:59] <Tox|Laptop>"…I don't like this. If something happens, you get behind us, okay?"
[21:21:20] <Alivi>Ryo blinks surprised but nods. "Ok."
[21:21:33] <Tom90deg>zoe follows!
[21:21:35] <Tox|Laptop>He smiles briefly. "Good man."
[21:21:43] <Tox|Laptop>«Into the lions' den.»
[21:21:52] <Lurker>Raj smiles. He LOVES traps.
[21:21:53] <Alivi>Ryo goes into the bar.
[21:21:57] <Tox|Laptop>Mike enters, his hand brushing the butt of his pistol.
[21:22:09] <Tom90deg>Zoe enters looking around the bar
[21:22:43] <Scantron>Satyana enters as well. «Copied…>She accidentally starts transmitting the classical music she's listening to to the others over the blootoof.
[21:23:13] <Alivi>It looks very nice, not many people are in it. A couple Japanese Men are eating and drinking looking happy. And many women as well who turn and start paying attention to the new comers, "Irasshaimase! Welcome!"
[21:23:15] <Lurker>Raj casually walks in - no weapons visibly in or near his hand.
[21:23:37] <Alivi>The team is quickly seated and are asked what they would like to have.
[21:23:59] <Tox|Laptop>«No alcohol…be careful…>Mike looks at the menu.
[21:23:59] <Scantron>Satyana smiles and nods to the Japanese people. She gives what she assumes is a 'nothing for me, thanks' gesture.
[21:24:38] <Alivi>The menu is entirely in Japanese.
[21:24:45] <Tox|Laptop>Crap.
[21:24:47] <Tom90deg>"Hm…"
[21:24:54] <Tom90deg>"Any ideas?"
[21:24:58] <Alivi>Ryo orders some things for the group, he turns to them, "Don't worry I have it."
[21:25:15] <Tox|Laptop>"Okay…"
[21:25:52] <Tox|Laptop>Mike's hackles are up by this point, and he keeps as many eyes pointed in as many directions as possible.
[21:25:57] <Alivi>Time Skip for fun so AFTER A WHILE…. the team has completed their order/food nothing out of the ordinary however a man soon comes to the table.
[21:26:13] <Alivi>After some talking Ryo looks suddenly very pale.
[21:26:26] <Tom90deg>"What's up?"
[21:26:34] <Alivi>"This is a Yakuza bar, they want their money, they want us to pay 3,000,000 yen for our meal."
[21:27:03] <Tox|Laptop>That seems somehow almost /normal/ compared to what Mike was thinking.
[21:27:04] <Tom90deg>Zoe smerks. "Oh this will be fun."
[21:27:05] <~Gwen>addison looks to Ryo, and her grip tightens on her bag. "We can't pay that!" Most of team 2 knows that Addison has at least that on her person.
[21:27:39] <Tox|Laptop>Mike looks up at the Yakuza man. Japanese mafia…supposedly very dangerous.
[21:27:46] <Lurker>Raj shrugs. "Mike?" «Do you need me to create a distraction?»
[21:28:18] <Tox|Laptop>«Hang on, let's play this out…as much as I detest extortion, probably best not to create an international incident.»
[21:28:22] <Alivi>Ryo nods, "I know, I know I am sorry for this I will handle it." Ryo stands to talk to the man, who then proceeds to punch Ryo in the face causing the young man to stagger back, "[You idiot, don't speak English all the time, Speak Japanese like a real man!]"
[21:28:43] <Tom90deg>Zoe is on her feet, with a grin. "Oh my…"
[21:28:45] <~Gwen>Addison jumps back. "What the fuck!?" She looks to the yakuza. "Hey! Yo! What the fuck is your deal!?"
[21:28:47] <Tom90deg>"Oy!"
[21:28:53] <Tox|Laptop>Mike finds his feet, supporting Ryo. "That was a /bad/ idea."
[21:28:55] <Tox|Laptop>He grins.
[21:29:00] <Tom90deg>"Want to see a trick?"
[21:29:12] <Lurker>Raj stands slowly, the man is fucking /intimidating/.
[21:30:30] <Alivi>Immediately the bar is silent. More men seem to be getting up, and there seems to be a damn good amount of them in the bar. Ryo is bowing apologizing. "Everyone calm down, please do not do this… I can handle this. We just need to explain that we can get the money."
[21:30:55] <Tom90deg>"Man, screw that."
[21:31:01] <~Gwen>Addison reaches into her bag. "Hey, pencil dick! I've got cash. I assume you can do conversion?" She holds up a roll of 20 pound notes.
[21:31:04] <Tom90deg>"They probaly know where our agents are."
[21:31:07] <Tox|Laptop>It clicks. This is what happened to Ishihara and Genta. They probably said the same thing.
[21:31:12] <Lurker>"Really? Because I'm starting to think it might be a good idea to make them pay."
[21:31:39] <Alivi>Ryo looks surprised at the amount of cash, Raine is frowning, "Guys lets just back down a bit. We need to scope out our options."
[21:31:46] <Tox|Laptop>Mike looks around. How many are there…a dozen? Dozen and a half? Pssshh. They can take them.
[21:32:08] <Tom90deg>Zoe picks up a bottle of some sort of sauce from the talble. "I like option A. kick some ass untill they tell us where they are."
[21:32:12] <Tox|Laptop>"Don't forget, we still need to figure out what happened to Ishihara and Genta."
[21:32:13] <Alivi>All of a sudden a slow clap can be heard. The other men back off tensing up as an older man comes out clapping his hands they all bow to him respectfully.
[21:32:37] <Tox|Laptop>Mike pivots to face the older man.
[21:32:44] <Alivi>"Even if we have the money they will want more now, Addison-san." Ryo says quietly.
[21:32:50] <Tom90deg>Zoe looks at the older man as well. "Hi."
[21:33:17] <Tom90deg>"Man, they don't even have tentacles. I am less than indimidated."
[21:33:19] <Scantron>Satyana decides to place as much of the team as possible between herself and the angry Japanese gangsters.
[21:33:33] <~Gwen>Addison glances to Ryo. "Clearly you have no idea who I am…"
[21:34:15] <Alivi>The man looks at the team and then at his men, "[Search them.]" He seems to be looking at Addison and Zoe closely. The men start to approach the group, Ryo hurridly translate it. "They are going to search us. Just let them, please."
[21:34:48] <Tom90deg>"Naw.
[21:34:48] <Tom90deg>"
[21:34:50] <Tox|Laptop>Mike shakes his head emphatically. "What for?"
[21:35:01] <Alivi>The man continues, "So…Zoe and Addison…. I know of you. I did not expect you two to join forces and create your own group, however I do not approve of your hunting on my territory."
[21:35:01] <Tom90deg>"If they touch me, they're gonna be pulling back less fingers."
[21:35:28] <~Gwen>«Let them search us…Ryo seems desperate.> She's going all Counsellor Troi on the team. "What…you know us!?"
[21:35:29] <Tom90deg>Zoe looks over at Addison.
[21:35:32] <Tox|Laptop>Mike's eyes flash.
[21:35:37] <Tom90deg>"Um…"
[21:35:42] <Tom90deg>"Do you know him?"
[21:35:43] <Tox|Laptop>"And who're you again?"
[21:35:58] <Lurker>Raj smiles, stepping a bit further back. "I volunteer to be searched last. Keep talking."
[21:36:18] <Alivi>There is some whispers in the backgrounds, mostly the men are saying "Wow…those sisters are Oyabun? I thought men were supposed to be stronger in the west apparently not if they are led by women."
[21:36:34] <Tox|Laptop>Mike's nerves about The Journal + nerves about the trap (WHICH HE WAS RIGHT ABOUT) + now this? Oh, he's spoiling.,
[21:37:07] <Tom90deg>"Oy! Who said that!"
[21:37:18] <Tox|Laptop>"Oh, have you got /your/ wires crossed."
[21:37:21] <Tom90deg>"Come on up here big man, and we'll see how weak these females are!"
[21:37:27] <Scantron>Satyana is backed up against a wall, staying absolutely silent. She seems just a biiiit frightened.
[21:37:28] <~Gwen>Addison steps forward. "You want to search us. Go ahead.."
[21:37:49] <Tox|Laptop>«Addison, do you know what you're doing?»
[21:38:07] <~Gwen>«Yes. I think?»
[21:38:21] <Scantron>«Just do it!»
[21:38:33] <Alivi>One of the men grabs Addison quite roughly and searches her removing her badge he tosses it to the Oyabun (head dude) and the the boss opens it smiling, "[Just like the others huh?]" The men laugh and the man searching Addison gropes her.
[21:38:52] <Tom90deg>Zoe is now very pissed. "
[21:38:56] <Tox|Laptop>Oh that was a bad idea.
[21:39:00] <Tom90deg>"Ok, now I'm nad."
[21:39:03] <Tom90deg>mad."
[21:39:14] <Tox|Laptop>"You keep your filthy mitts off her."
[21:39:18] <~Gwen>Addison yelps as she is groped and glares at the man. She's immediate trying to hop into his mind.
[21:39:21] <Tox|Laptop>Mike takes a half-step forward.
[21:39:37] <Tom90deg>Zoe picks up a bottle from the table, tossing gently up in the air. [21:39:42] <~Gwen>1d10e+12
[21:39:43] <Quidmore>Gwen: 1d10e+12=27 (10, 5)
[21:40:03] <Alivi>The boss snaps his fingers and immediately every man and some of the women have their guns trained on the group. One move. And shots will be fired. The man slaps himself in the face so hard he staggers back Everyone seems to get pissed.
[21:40:23] <~Gwen>"Try that again you motherfucker," she takes a step towards the man. "I. Dare. You."
[21:40:28] <Tox|Laptop>Mike's hand goes for his own gun, and he freezes, going stock-still.
[21:40:30] <Alivi>"Addison-San! please calm down! Everyone please we just need to give them the money and we can go-"
[21:40:35] <Tom90deg>Zoe looks over the room. "Hmm….10…"
[21:40:47] <Alivi>Scene Freeze
[21:41:36] <Alivi>One of the Yakuza members who looks very pissed grabs Ryo and yells at him, "[I told you to stop speaking English you motherfucker!]" The Boss tells him to translate that in an amused tone and motions for Ryo to be brought to him.
[21:42:26] <Alivi>Ryo is forced over closer to the boss man, he looks terrified. "H-he said that I should stop using English and use Japanese like I am supposed to." The boss smiles and nods.
[21:42:42] <Alivi>"I speak English too, it doesn't make you special." The boss says. He continues,
[21:42:53] <Alivi>" You are a disgrace to all Japanese people for joining forces with a non-Japanese group. If you wanted to join something you should’ve joined a company instead. You look like you are going to piss yourself why join something like them if you can’t even face us? You don’t deserve to live so I will do you a favor…”
[21:44:10] <Alivi>He hands a gun to Ryo, "[Do the honorable thing.]" Ryo turns white and begins begging quickly in Japanese however he is then kicked by the Yakuza member holding him down. "[He said do the damn honorable thing scum!]"
[21:45:25] <Scantron>«What is he even supposed to do?»
[21:45:36] <Alivi>Ryo still begs so the Oyabun getting pissed instructs the Yakuza member to take away the gun he rolls up his sleeve revealing a long snake tattoo. It comes to life hissing, Ryo is still begging however the snake strikes Ryo's neck.
[21:45:38] <Lurker>«Kill himself.»
[21:45:40] <Tox|Laptop>«….Suicide.»
[21:46:00] <Alivi>Ryo stiffens and collapses as the venom spreads throughout his body.
[21:46:15] <Tox|Laptop>«….well, cunts.»
[21:46:16] <Scantron>«/Why/»
[21:46:31] <~Gwen>«What the fuck!?>Addison's eyes widen.
[21:46:34] <Tom90deg>«Ok, now I'm angry.»
[21:46:34] <Scantron>Satyana tilts her head at it, frowning.
[21:46:44] <Tox|Laptop>Mike's /angry/ now.
[21:46:58] <Lurker>"Still want to search us? I volunteer."
[21:47:17] <Tox|Laptop>"I've got somethin' you can search," the cop growls.
[21:47:17] <Scantron>Can she roll something to figure out what exactly would allow a tattoo to come to life and become real? Wits+Occult perhaps?
[21:47:29] <Alivi>The Oyabun turns to the group, "If you are smart, you'll leave my territory and not bother me again. And take your scum agent too he doesn't deserve to die as honorable a death as that kid just did." And yes you can roll Satyana.
[21:47:58] <Scantron>1d10e+9 wtf am i doing
[21:47:58] <Quidmore>Scantron: wtf am i doing: 1d10e+9=16 (7)
[21:48:01] <Alivi>The Oyabun snaps his fingers again and a beaten Agent Genta is thrown on the floor he is in bad shape, and is missing 4 fingers, two on each hand.
[21:48:01] <Tox|Laptop>"Give us Genta."
[21:48:10] <~Gwen>«We need to call Saari…now…»
[21:48:13] <Alivi>Unfreeze
[21:48:38] <Alivi>Satyana realizes tattoo relics are common.
[21:48:40] <Tom90deg>«We need to do a lot of things, starting with beating the hell out of all of these guys.»
[21:48:47] <Tox|Laptop>"You'd better hope Ryo's still alive when our medical team gets here."
[21:48:53] <~Gwen>«Zo' they ALL have guns…we can't win»
[21:48:56] <Tox|Laptop>"Or you'll have a /very/ bad day."
[21:49:11] <Tom90deg>"You said you knew us, right?"
[21:49:12] <Alivi>The oyabun laughs and leaves the rest of the men start retreating but still have their guns aimed at the group.
[21:49:12] <Tox|Laptop>Mike helps Genta to his feet, hackles raised to the ceiling.
[21:49:18] <Tom90deg>"I don't think you do…."
[21:49:23] <Scantron>«If they start shooting at /you/, /I/ will most likely get shot.»
[21:49:28] <Tom90deg>"But you will."
[21:49:50] <Tox|Laptop>Mike gets on the horn to Saari.
[21:49:52] <Lurker>Raj narrows his eyes. "You can shoot me as much as you want, [Bastard], but it doesn't matter. I'm going to make sure you die very slowly and painfully one day - maybe on your death bed, maybe in a few months."
[21:50:01] <Lurker>He calls after them*
[21:50:04] <Tom90deg>"Get in line."
[21:50:14] <~Gwen>Addison doesn't care about the guns and runs to Ryo's side, trying to wake him. "Come on…" "This is Saari."
[21:50:45] <Lurker>Raj moves over to Genta with Mike. "Do you speak English?"
[21:50:45] <Alivi>Raine is just shocked standing there. he follows Addison going over to Ryo's side. Ryo doesn't wake, he is dead.
[21:50:49] <Scantron>"By the way, tattoo-animation relics are relatively common."
[21:51:14] <Tox|Laptop>"Dr. Saari, medical emergency at [He rattles off the name of where they are], Sakae district. Genta is stable for now. Our contact is not. The local Yakuza boss had some sort of snake tattoo and — "
[21:51:23] <Alivi>Genta is too out of it, to respond he is groaning in obvious pain.
[21:51:35] <Tox|Laptop>Mike halts abruptly midsentence, looking at Ryo.
[21:51:38] <Alivi>The rest of the Yakuza start to leave the room escaping out the back.
[21:52:01] <Tox|Laptop>"Burn it."
[21:52:10] <Tox|Laptop>"Let's go."
[21:52:14] <Tom90deg>"Burn what?"
[21:52:18] <~Gwen>"I don't care Agent Weyland. Brief me at the airport. Get Genta to me, I can't take out the Medical MPV, it's too big a car for Japanese roads." Addison looks to Mike. "Burn what?"
[21:52:42] <Tom90deg>"The bar? Cause that would be cathartic."
[21:52:45] <Tox|Laptop>"This is a Yakuza bar, right?" Mike grates. He helps Genta to his feet.
[21:53:05] <Tom90deg>Zoe grins, and hops over the bar, getting a bottle of high-proof booze
[21:53:19] <~Gwen>Addison looks to Raj. "[You speak German, yes?]"
[21:53:36] <Lurker>Raj gives a nod. "[I do.]"
[21:53:54] <Alivi>Genta staggers as he gets up. He is breathing heavily but he smiles he seems to realize he is safe now. "Perkele…" Raine says bitterly.
[21:54:08] <~Gwen>She motions to the body. "[Can you carry this body to the car as well, before it gets burned in this bar?]"
[21:54:21] <Alivi>The Yakuza have all left leaving the team there.
[21:54:46] <Tox|Laptop>"Burn it to the /fucking/ foundation," Mike growls, helping Zoe.
[21:55:16] <Lurker>Raj nods and moves to scoop up Ryo carefully, holding him bridal-style to carry, instead of disgracing him by hanging him over a shoulder.
[21:56:17] <Scantron>Satyana exits the bar. She switches to something a bit more relaxing on her mp3 player to calm hers- wait shit. "Oops…" She yawns and lies down on the pavement for a nap.
[21:56:33] <Tom90deg>Zoe sprays around the booze. "Hm…We should call the fire department."
[21:56:33] <Alivi>Something drops from Ryo's body a small golden pin it seems like it used to be pinned to his red scarf.
[21:56:43] <Lurker>Raj pauses and looks over.
[21:56:45] <Lurker>"Pin."
[21:56:46] <Tom90deg>"It won't do to set the ones on either side on fire."
[21:57:02] <Tox|Laptop>"Mmm. You're right. Join us outside when you're ready with it."
[21:57:08] <Tox|Laptop>Mike stalks outside.
[21:57:18] <Tox|Laptop>He nearly bumps into Raj.
[21:57:21] <Lurker>"/PIN/."
[21:57:23] <~Gwen>Addison picks it up and pockets it.
[21:57:26] <Lurker>He gestures to the ground.
[21:57:34] <Lurker>Addison got it, good. /Now/ he keeps walking outside.
[21:57:34] <Tox|Laptop>"A pin? What?" He looks at Addison.
[21:57:44] <Tom90deg>Zoe finisheds spraying around the booze and heads on outside.
[21:57:45] <Alivi>Raine follows out of the bar and sighs when he sees Satyana is sleeping, "hey….wake up."
[21:57:45] <Tom90deg>"Hm…"
[21:58:03] <Tox|Laptop>Mike swears. "Take her mp3 player off, pick her up."
[21:58:09] <Tom90deg>"You know….I am worried that this isn't actually their bar."
[21:58:21] <Tom90deg>"Wht if it's just some poor owner who's being abused?"
[21:58:42] <Alivi>Perception tom and mike
[21:58:55] <Lurker>"That's also possible. There are always civilian casualties, and there is always collateral damage. If you're having second thoughts, I can most definitely do the honors to help your conscience."
[21:59:02] <Tox|Laptop>1d10e+8 Angrywolf senses!
[21:59:02] <Quidmore>Tox|Laptop: Angrywolf senses!: 1d10e+8=11 (3)
[21:59:11] <Alivi>Raine does so and Staggers as he lifts her up or attempts to.
[21:59:12] <Tom90deg>1d10+3
[21:59:12] <Quidmore>Tom90deg: 1d10+3=6 (3)
[21:59:41] <Tom90deg>Zoe sighs. "No…we shouldn't do it. We need to be percise in our target."
[21:59:43] <Alivi>Mike notices a small seal very small and inconspicuous http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com/upload/49117452158089470_iqFhpLNf.jpg
[21:59:49] <Tom90deg>"WE don't want collatoral damage."
[22:00:02] <Tom90deg>"That's what they do."
[22:00:05] <Tox|Laptop>"Wait." Mike holds a hand up.
[22:00:22] <Tox|Laptop>He goes over to and inspects the seal. "The fuck's this?"
[22:00:31] <Tom90deg>Zoe follows. "No idea."
[22:00:35] <Scantron>Satyana snoozes.
[22:00:36] <Tox|Laptop>"Genta?"
[22:00:51] <Alivi>Raine places her back down and wonders if he can wake her up.
[22:00:54] <Tox|Laptop>Without Ryo…all they have is Genta."
[22:01:14] <Tom90deg>"Take a picture."
[22:01:38] <Tox|Laptop>"Good call." Mike snaps a pic, then uploads it to google image search to see what this seal it.
[22:01:38] <Tom90deg>"Send it home."
[22:01:39] <Tox|Laptop>*is.
[22:01:45] <Lurker>Can Raj attempt to identify it?
[22:01:46] <Alivi>Genta can barely keep his eyes open, "[It is the Mizuno-Kai…]" He slips into unconsciousness.
[22:02:08] <Tox|Laptop>"Mizuno….mizuno-kai?" LE GOOGLE>
[22:03:13] <Alivi>Raine gives up and makes some ice and slips it down the back of Satyana's Shirt.
[22:03:20] <Alivi>Maybe that will wake her up.
[22:03:35] Tom90deg (~ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.A58B6E76-CRInys|ged09moT#ten.tsacmoc.aw.1dsh.A58B6E76-CRInys|ged09moT) left IRC. (Connection reset by peer)
[22:03:50] <Scantron>Satyana jerks awake and scrambles up to her feet. "Gaah!"
[22:03:54] <Alivi>Google results turn up some news articles in Japanese. There is 1 translated version about a Yakuza group known as the Mizuno Kai.
[22:04:05] <Alivi>Raine smirks, "Morning."
[22:04:12] <Tox|Laptop>Mike's eyes glimmer. "Yakuza. Torch it."
[22:04:33] <Lurker>Raj casually pulls out his gun. "Allow me."
[22:04:34] <Scantron>She manages to shake it down out the back of her dress. Fortunately, her earbuds have slipped out of her ears by now. "I need to take that song off of there." She yawns.
[22:05:08] <Alivi>Raine looks at Raj he looks really upset. "What do we do?"
[22:05:36] <Tox|Laptop>"Do it." Mike glowers. He turns to Raine. "We report to the Aichi BSA bureau, then meet Dr. Saari, then go the fuck home."
[22:05:49] <Alivi>Raine nods. "Understood…"
[22:06:05] <Tox|Laptop>"Scratch that, we need to get him to Dr. Saari ASAP. /Then/ Aichi."
[22:06:35] <Lurker>"Michael, call the fire department," he says casually, leaning in and crouching low. He fires his gun inside, and lets the hot shell eject onto the alcohol soaked floor.
[22:06:56] <Tox|Laptop>Mike reports the fire as he carry/walks Genta to the Rover.
[22:07:28] <Alivi>Mostly carries, Genta is no longer concious.
[22:07:38] <Scantron>Satyana follows them to the rover. "For future reference, I would have woken up with some nudging."
[22:08:09] <Alivi>The building goes up in flames and sirens can be heard in the distance. Raine scoffs at Satyana. "I tried."
[22:08:13] <Tox|Laptop>"Let's get the fuck home." Mike seems suddenly very weary.
[22:09:37] <Alivi>Raine looks at Mike and nods. He frowns and rubs his eyes. The team drives back to the Airport and are met by Dr.Saari.
[22:11:18] <~Gwen>Dr. Saari already has a gourny ready and waiting. "Hurry, hurry!'
[22:12:42] <Tox|Laptop>Mike transfers the patient. "…Could you draw a sample of Agent Yamada's blood? It may prove useful in creating an antivenin."
[22:13:35] <~Gwen>"We can work on that when we get back to the Bureau, try now I am going to see if I can get this man's hands in working order." She looks to her two goons. "Get him on board and start up the engines!"
[22:14:27] <Tox|Laptop>"Yes, Dr. Saari." He turns to his team. "…We'll contact the Aichi outpost from home base."
[22:16:03] <Alivi>Raine nods and boards the plane.
[22:16:34] <Alivi>Assuming everyone gets on the plane they arrive back in London.
[22:17:28] <Scantron>Satyana would get on the plane.
[22:18:45] <~Gwen>As a heads up, the Director is waiting with a hearse at the airstrip for Ryo's body.
[22:19:10] <Lurker>Raj carries Ryo over to the hearse carefully - unless Saari does it.
[22:20:46] <Alivi>Raine looks over at the director.
[22:21:18] <Tox|Laptop>Mike salutes the Director, not meeting his eyes.
[22:22:01] <Scantron>Satyana nods to the Director.
[22:22:18] <Alivi>Raine follows Mike's example and salutes.
[22:22:22] <~Gwen>The Director nods, watching the young man's body being loaded into the car. "He was twenty-four…"
[22:23:14] <Lurker>"[We've both seen younger,]" Raj says, speaking in Arabic. "[How many years with us?]"
[22:23:21] <Tox|Laptop>"Sir, I accept responsibility."
[22:24:24] <~Gwen>The Director looks to Raj. "[Doesn't mean it gets any easier.]" He glances back to Mike before Addison steps in front of him. "No…I do…it was my fault. I attacked one of the men…that provoked this whole thing…"
[22:25:04] <Lurker>"[You know what I'll do if you ask,]" he says very calmly. "[Nothing would give me more pleasure right now, than to see them all burn.]"
[22:25:13] <Tox|Laptop>Mike shaks his head. "My mission….my op….my screwup."
[22:25:37] <Alivi>Raine looks over at Addison and Mike, shaking his head, "It was a mess…no one person is at fault… at least from I can tell…"
[22:28:17] <~Gwen>"[I am strongly considering it old friend…]" He closes the back of the hearse and taps the window twice. "Agent Hawthorne…Agent Weyland. I expect reports from both of you…I will draw my conclusions from there."
[22:28:45] <Tox|Laptop>"Yessir."
[22:28:48] <Lurker>"[Say the word, and I will go. Whenever you wish, friend.]" Raj bows and excuses himself.
[22:31:18] <~Gwen>The Director nods. "Yessir," Addison echoes as the Director heads back to his limo, hands clasped behind his back.
[22:32:39] <Alivi>imma call scene there
[22:32:45] <Alivi>free to soft RP if you want.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License