Petulant God Child

[19:00:14] <Kondraki>Elliot's in the lounge, reading over a recipe book he'd borrowed from Rhedyn.
[19:00:57] <~Gwen>Addison is sitting next to him, questing away in World of Warcraft, her hands flying across the keys of her laptop.
[19:01:08] <Lurker>Raj is in the lounge, reading that old looking book he picked up in Egypt.
[19:01:36] <Scantron>Satyana is discreetly reading over his shoulder.
[19:02:07] <Lurker>It's not very discreet, but Raj doesn't mind.
[19:02:42] <~Gwen>The loudspeakers crackle to life. "Team 2, mission briefing in five minutes," it's a female voice, rather than the Director.
[19:03:12] <Lurker>Raj looks up, bookmarks his book, then looks to Satyana. "You can borrow it after I'm done." He heads to drop the book off in his room.
[19:04:19] <Scantron>Satyana nods, then stands, stretches, yawns, and heads off to the briefing room.
[19:04:39] <~Gwen>Addison stands with a sigh and closes her laptop, looking to Elliot.
[19:04:40] <Lurker>Addison gets a text! It's from a semi familiar number.
[19:04:57] <~Gwen>Addison checks her phone, lifting an eyebrow!
[19:05:00] <Lurker>« man have you ever noticved that thoe world only evet needs saving on thursdaus or saturdays those are the best days to drink -SM »
[19:05:02] <~Gwen>*-1
[19:05:39] <Kondraki>Getting up, Elliot set his book down as he took Addison's hand, heading to the briefing room.
[19:05:48] <Lurker>Raj is already at the briefing room.
[19:05:56] <Kondraki>"Suppose we can have homemade pizza another night…"
[19:06:09] <Lurker>He's like Sonic the Hedgehog. Raj's gotta go fast.
[19:06:18] <Scantron>Satyana enters and sits down. She is normal speed.
[19:06:41] <~Gwen>Addison nods to Elliot. "Just don't plan on dinner, it's what triggers missions. Some wacky relic shit." Addison response to the text: « Go home Spence, you're drunk.»
[19:07:02] <Lurker>« cant im in alaska looking for it -SM »
[19:07:08] <Lurker>« john green lol -SM »
[19:07:34] <Scantron>"Could be leprechauns."
[19:07:38] <~Gwen>« Oh, do us a favour and kill Palin while you're up there? »
[19:07:41] <~Gwen>« Oh, do us a favour and kill Palin while you're up there? »
[19:08:08] <Lurker>« maybe if i see her shit hold on helicopters ttyl addi -SM »
[19:09:29] <Kondraki>Taking a seat next to Addison, Elliot blinked, seeing a familiar face addressing them. "…you?"
[19:10:53] <~Gwen>Addison enters the briefing room with a smile, sitting down in her usual spot, both the Director and Tathariel standing at the head of the table. "Good news, team," the Director says, the witch nodding. "We've found the last of the Brotherhood."
[19:11:00] <~Gwen>"Or, we think anyway."
[19:11:46] <Scantron>Satyana makes this face :-/
[19:11:53] <Scantron>She shrugs.
[19:13:02] <~Gwen>Tathariel slides a stack of folders over to the team. "You're going to Ireland for this one, I shall be going with you."
[19:13:23] <Lurker>Raj glances at a folder, takes it, absorbs any information, and waits for further instruction.
[19:14:08] <Scantron>Satyana takes a folder and leafs through it.
[19:15:23] Kondraki (~ten.nhb.ser.6EA7482B-CRInys|versba#ten.nhb.ser.6EA7482B-CRInys|versba) left IRC. (Quit: If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.)
[19:16:59] Kondraki (~ten.nhb.ser.6EA7482B-CRInys|versba#ten.nhb.ser.6EA7482B-CRInys|versba) joined the channel.
[19:20:42] <Kondraki>As you leaf through the folders, the contents illustrate the location the team will be visiting for the mission, County Louth, Ireland. It's light on history, but otherwise it's unremarkable beyond what individual team members may know. Another page discusses remnants of the Order of the Thistle having been causing minor supernatural incidents since their disbandment after the death of their leader, but noting that the organization, despite be
[19:20:43] <Kondraki>pushed to the fringes, is still capable of considerable harm.
[19:22:03] <Kondraki>Finally, the mission documents go on to detail their actual objectives: Discover what the Order is after, be it a relic or otherwise, and retrieve it ahead of them. Details are sketchy, as the actual motivations behind the fractured organization's goals are unknown at this time.
[19:22:25] <Kondraki>Roll Int+Academics
[19:22:42] <Lurker>1d10+5
[19:22:43] <Glacon>Lurker: 6 (1d10+5=1)
[19:22:46] <Lurker>:I
[19:23:04] <Scantron>d10+8 bipch
[19:23:04] <Glacon>Scantron: bipch: 14 (d10+8=6)
[19:23:46] <~Gwen>1d10+8
[19:23:46] <Glacon>Gwen: 13 (1d10+8=5)
[19:25:25] <Kondraki>Satyana and Addison both identify County Louth as the smallest of Ireland's counties, but far from its least important.
[19:26:15] <~Gwen>Kon - any supernatural happenings there recently? Abductions, etc?
[19:26:43] <Kondraki>However, Satyana remembers that County Louth has an important significance to one of Ireland's most famous myths: it contained the town where the legendary Cu Chulainn lost his life, and where the stone he died against remains to this day.
[19:27:13] <Kondraki>give me wits+investigation, addison
[19:27:27] <Scantron>"County Louth… I remember something about that." She hrms. "The legendary Cu Chulainn lost his life in one of the towns there… the stone he died against is still there."
[19:28:59] <~Gwen>Tathariel nods slowly. "That is correct Agent San…Agent Satyana."
[19:29:41] <Scantron>"Sanmugasunderam."
[19:31:21] <~Gwen>"So we're to find this splinter of the Brotherhood in this area, and find out what they're after?" The Director nods.
[19:31:47] <Lurker>"Wipe them out as well, or not?"
[19:32:19] <~Gwen>1d10+7
[19:32:20] <Glacon>Gwen: 14 (1d10+7=7)
[19:32:33] <Kondraki>The mission documents explicitly state the mission parameters.
[19:37:19] <~Gwen>Addison shakes her head. "We're not killing unless needed, I'm not Agent Weyand." She stands as the Director does. "Your car is out front, Tathariel will be taking a limo to the airport and will meet you there."
[19:38:10] <Kondraki>Addison discovers with a few quick searches that there have indeed been some strange occurrences in the area. It had been reported that a Mare gave birth to two colts in the town of Knockbridge. This wouldn't be a notable occurance, except that every mare in three towns nearby started into labor as well, despite not having been previously pregnant.
[19:38:18] <Lurker>Raj nods, standing. "I'm going to grab my travelling pack, I'll meet you all out front?"
[19:39:00] <~Gwen>"Yes…and I've found the place we're going to start our investigation," she says as she moves to the door. "Knockbridge…which sounds so stereotypically Irish."
[19:39:13] <Kondraki>Nodding, Elliot stood up as he headed off to the limo.
[19:39:20] <Kondraki>car*
[19:39:45] <Scantron>Satyana stands up. "Indeed." She goes out to the limo as well.
[19:40:29] <~Gwen>Addison starts the car and waits for everyone to get in.
[19:41:03] <Scantron>Satyana gets in.
[19:41:18] <Kondraki>Taking shotgun, Elliot seemed distracted, something obviously on his mind.
[19:41:40] <Lurker>Raj joins them, a large backpack slung over his shoulder.
[19:43:59] <~Gwen>Addison heads to the airport, driving at her usual breakneck pace.
[19:46:18] <~Gwen>Addison parks the Rover in the rear of the plan, and they are joined by Tathariel in a limo soon after.
[19:47:00] <Scantron>Satyana exits the car. "I should be used to your reckless driving by now, but I'm not. I remain convinced that leprechauns are keeping you from driving us over a cliff somehow…"
[19:47:05] <Lurker>Raj hops out, making sure he has all of his things, and goes to grab a seat on the plane.
[19:47:41] <~Gwen>Addison shrugs. "As long as they keep it up, I am fine with it."
[19:49:05] <Kondraki>"Don't say leprechauns. Please."
[19:49:31] <~Gwen>Addison looks over to her fiancé. "What aren't you telling me," she makes a face at him.
[19:49:35] <Scantron>"Why not?"
[19:49:35] <Kondraki>"Don't remind me we may have to deal with one where we're going."
[19:49:51] <Scantron>"Leprechauns are everywhere, deal with it."
[19:50:00] <Kondraki>Elliot gives her a pained look. "I have…some history with Leprechauns."
[19:51:19] <Kondraki>Getting into his usual seat, Elliot sighed. "Tiny little monsters."
[19:51:22] <Scantron>"Who doesn't?"
[19:53:29] <~Gwen>"My first mission in the field was in Belfast…Leprechauns nicked my panties," Addison says this as if it is the most normal thing in the world. "I wonder if I can hit 90 before we land," she mumbles.
[19:53:51] <Scantron>"It happens."
[19:55:27] <Kondraki>"I thought the maximum parameter of that game was 80."
[19:56:04] <~Gwen>"New patch. I've done nine new levels in 12 hours…"
[19:57:13] <Kondraki>"That's…impressive?" It's clear he doesn't know what that actually means.
[19:57:31] <~Gwen>Addison nods. "And proof I have no life."
[19:58:28] <Scantron>"You regularly go on high-class jets to exotic locations around the world and interact regularly with a variety of pararnormal and fantastic entities and phenomena."
[19:58:44] <Lurker>"Server, Alliance, and name?" Raj asks casually, leaning back in his seat.
[19:58:53] <Kondraki>"Yes but that's our job."
[19:59:20] <Scantron>"I'm sure plenty of people would do it for free."
[19:59:32] <~Gwen>"Doomhammer, Horde, BlueQueenofHearts." She looks to Raj. "You play?"
[20:00:14] <Lurker>"Hardcore or not?" He doesn't look up from a notepad he's scribbling in.
[20:00:58] <~Gwen>"Hardcore. Raj…you play WoW?"
[20:01:55] <Lurker>"I do now." He looks over and gives one of those 'I just caught you trying to steal something' smiles to Addison. "Better watch out, BlueQueenofHearts."
[20:04:50] <Kondraki>Sighing, Elliot looked out the window of the plane. "Your ritualistic greeting towards other players still perplexes me."
[20:05:24] <~Gwen>Addison narrows her eyes and then looks back to Elliot and kisses him on the cheek. "I'll have you playing WoW one of these days."
[20:12:36] <Kondraki>Hours pass, and the plane arrives at Dublin International Airport with no fanfare. It's clear that the Bureau did not make much notice of its arrival for this mission.
[20:13:11] <~Gwen>Addison makes her way down to the Range Rover and starts the car after they lounge
[20:13:14] <~Gwen>*land
[20:13:34] <Lurker>Raj hops in.
[20:14:21] <Kondraki>However, there is one person waiting at the airstrip as the Rover pulls out, watching them drive. It looked like an old woman, one who seemed exceptionally lost.
[20:16:52] <~Gwen>Addison starts to back the Rover out of the plane.
[20:17:13] <Kondraki>Elliot takes shotgun again, gazing towards the woman but not making much of it.
[20:17:30] <Scantron>Satyana is in das Rover.
[20:18:36] <Kondraki>"So, where to?"
[20:20:33] <~Gwen>"Knockbridge." Tathariel glances out the window to the old woman and groans loudly. "Stop the car…"
[20:22:24] Alivi (~moc.rr.ser.anilorac.085FC746-CRInys|ivilA#moc.rr.ser.anilorac.085FC746-CRInys|ivilA) joined the channel.
[20:26:13] <~Gwen>"That's my mother," she continues.
[20:26:20] <Lurker>"… What."
[20:26:25] <Scantron>"What."
[20:26:43] <~Gwen>Tathariel points to the old woman. "That's my mother."
[20:27:17] <Scantron>"Any idea how she knew to come here?"
[20:28:04] <~Gwen>"My mother is…observant."
[20:28:44] <Kondraki>"…you're talking about The Morrigan? THE Morrigan?"
[20:29:17] <Kondraki>Elliot seemed alert suddenly, but as the car continued to pull away, the woman vanished, a raven flying across the sky in her place.
[20:30:33] <~Gwen>"Yes the Morrigan is my mom."
[20:31:03] Alivi_ (~moc.rr.ser.anilorac.085FC746-CRInys|ivilA#moc.rr.ser.anilorac.085FC746-CRInys|ivilA) joined the channel.
[20:31:03] Alivi (~moc.rr.ser.anilorac.085FC746-CRInys|ivilA#moc.rr.ser.anilorac.085FC746-CRInys|ivilA) left IRC. (Broken pipe)
[20:31:04] Alivi_ is now known as Alivi
[20:31:21] <Scantron>"I believe that was already established."
[20:32:20] <Scantron>"Anyways…" Satyana checks out the Irish countryside.
[20:36:39] <Kondraki>The ride to Knockbridge is a long one, but hardly a boring one. The countryside is beautiful this time of year, endless fields of grass dotted by farms here and there.
[20:37:30] <Alivi>"Wow….never seen anything like this…"
[20:38:20] <Kondraki>Looking back, Elliot noticed the new voice in the Rover. "…how long have you been back there, Raine."
[20:39:13] <Lurker>"I think she was sleeping in the Rover," Raj says calmly, on his smartphone.
[20:39:19] <Lurker>He's playing Draw Something with Lucius.
[20:39:23] <Lurker>He's winning.
[20:39:59] <Scantron>"You'll see more and more things as time goes on here."
[20:41:41] <~Gwen>Addison continues driving through the rolling countryside.
[20:41:54] <Alivi>"I've been here Elliot, just not been saying much…" Raine says as he glances over at Raj somewhat upset.
[20:42:11] <Lurker>he*
[20:44:10] <Kondraki>The town of Knockbridge is a small, quiet little place. From the distance you can only see the crossroads, but as you get closer the various buildings and structures that make up the town come into view. A schoolhouse and a church dominate the heights of the town with their spires, as a large fishing pond shimmered in the moonlight.
[20:47:13] <Kondraki>There's also a pub located at the crossroads, seeming to be the liveliest place in town at this time of night. On the south side of town, however, stood a lone standing stone.
[20:48:04] <Lurker>"That'd be the stone, then?"
[20:48:18] <~Gwen>Addison looks for a place to park.
[20:49:47] <Kondraki>There's plenty of parking, since it doesn't seem like there are many cars at all in town. It's a quiet place, so when the Rover pulls up, the team immediately received some attention from the locals.
[20:50:10] <Kondraki>Some of the pub regulars stumbled over to take a gander.
[20:50:19] <Scantron>Satyana steps out of the car and does her best to ignore the locals. She heads towards the stone.
[20:50:51] <Lurker>Raj slips out of the Range Rover and stretches. He's only got his wrist blade and pistol on him - his other stuff is with his backpack.
[20:52:09] <Alivi>Raine looks around, he places his hands in his pockets and tries to keep an eye on the locals.
[20:52:17] <Kondraki>The locals seem a bit…off put by the look of the people exiting the car. They also seem drunk. "'ey, what are ye folks doing out at this time of night?"
[20:52:34] <~Gwen>Addison hops out of the car, ignoring the locals, and looks to the pub. "We're with the Garda." (( Irish police ))
[20:52:40] <~Gwen>Need a bluff roll?
[20:53:07] <Kondraki>naturally
[20:53:26] <~Gwen>1d10+11 w/ spec.
[20:53:26] <Glacon>Gwen: w/ spec.: 16 (1d10+11=5)
[20:55:50] <Kondraki>They seem to recoil a little at this, stepping back. "Garda, eh? Right, right…boys, next round's on me." It's clear he doesn't want to mess with the law at all, to the point of avoiding conflict entirely.
[20:56:59] <~Gwen>Addison looks around to her team. "That worked…well," she whispers. "Thoughts on checking out the pub for information?"
[20:57:17] <Scantron>"I think a few of you could do that… I'm more interested in the rock."
[20:57:20] <Kondraki>Elliot nodded. "They seemed a little skittish for country folk."
[20:57:46] <~Gwen>Addison shrugs. "Just don't get zonked by anything Satyana."
[20:58:28] <Kondraki>Satyana, Perception if you're heading to the rock.
[20:58:43] <Scantron>d10+7 do i /look/ like a chump? Wait, yes, yes I do.
[20:58:43] <Glacon>Scantron: do i /look/ like a chump? Wait, yes, yes I do.: 9 (d10+7=2)
[20:59:49] <Kondraki>Satyana notices that there seems to be an above average concentration of phantasmic phenomenon surrounding the area near the rock.
[21:00:12] <Kondraki>"The pub seems like an option. The church might have some information as well."
[21:01:29] <Alivi>"Maybe we should split up, we can probably stay in contact with out headsets."
[21:02:27] <Scantron>"Hm… there seems to be an above average concentration of phantasmic phenomena surrounding the area near the rock."
[21:02:53] <Kondraki>Night in Knockbridge was silent and cold. Obvious Exits: Church, Pub, Stone, School
[21:03:44] <Kondraki>Something isn't right, though, about the stone. It feels lonely, yet as if hundreds of voices called out in endless mourning.
[21:03:50] <~Gwen>Addison heads to the pub. She could use a pint or two.
[21:04:27] <Alivi>Raine sighs and looks around, "Well I guess I will follow our fearless leader." He follows Addison to the pub.
[21:04:37] <Scantron>Satyana frowns as she nears it, then sighs. «I think there might be spirits worth talking to in this rock… I'm going to try the violin.»
[21:04:55] <Lurker>Raj follows Addison!
[21:06:36] <Scantron>She takes the Strad out of its case and begins tuning it. «I'm glad I brought this…»
[21:06:51] <Kondraki>"I'm heading to the church…might have some information we need on Cu Chulainn himself." Heading off, he pulled the hood up on his jacket. Churches were far from his favorite place, but he didn't mind.
[21:07:55] <~Gwen>When inside the pub ADdison is going to start monitoring the thoughts of those inside the pub.
[21:08:13] <Scantron>Once it's ready, Satyana takes a moment to recall the music, then begins to play a sad song on it. Should she roll something?
[21:08:46] <Kondraki>The pub is a lively, raucous affair, filled to the brim with patrons in various states of drunkenness. The air is tinged with beer and just the slightest hint of vomit and urine, along with savory smells coming from the kitchen itself. The patrons look towards the strange looking duo with distrust, but the patrons from before seem to have let everyone in on the news that they were with the police, so they kept to themselves.
[21:09:20] <Alivi>Raine sighs at the sight, "Well I should've expected this much."
[21:09:41] <Lurker>trio*
[21:09:48] <Kondraki>The bartender seems to be one of the only people in the pub not concerned with the pair, having a good laugh as he looked their way. "Foreigners! Get over 'ere, I've got a couple pints for ya!"
[21:10:02] <~Gwen>Addison shrugs and wanders over to the bar happily. "Thank you very much!"
[21:10:27] <Lurker>Raj follows, giving a nod to the barkeep.
[21:10:53] <Alivi>"Thanks, sir." Raine says with a smile and a nod.
[21:10:59] <Alivi>Raine too walks over.
[21:11:39] <Scantron>d10+6 presence+expression
[21:11:39] <Glacon>Scantron: presence+expression: 8 (d10+6=2)
[21:12:00] <Kondraki>Three pints are slammed onto the counter as the other patrons give them some space, foamy head flowing over the rim as the bartender wore a heavy grin. "Well, what brings folks like ye to a place like this? Pardon me curiosity, but we don't see many non-locals around here!"
[21:12:11] Scantron is now known as Feierbird
[21:12:47] <Lurker>Raj glances over to Addison for an answer. He's playing the part of "mute brute"
[21:13:10] <Feierbird>d10+6 I'm using my reroll on this.
[21:13:11] <Glacon>Feierbird: I'm using my reroll on this.: 12 (d10+6=6)
[21:13:34] <Alivi>Raine takes a drink allowing Addison to answer.
[21:14:23] <Kondraki>Satyana's performance seemed to awaken a huge mass of ghosts sitting, standing, and laying prostrate in mourning.. "Hero of Ulster…return to us, guide us!" They seemed to be crying out various variations of this, all looking towards the stone, not having noticed her yet.
[21:15:11] <Feierbird>«We've got ghosts. They want the Hero of Ulster to return to them and guide them. I'll keep you updated.»
[21:15:32] <~Gwen>Addison takes a sip from the pint and then looks up to the Bartender. "I'm from…the English government," she whispers, flashing her MI:6 idea quickly. "We'd like to know if you've seen anything strange lately…specifically men wearing silver pins."
[21:16:02] <Feierbird>Satyana speaks to the ghosts, still playing. "Hello!"
[21:17:13] <Kondraki>"Men with silver pins…y'know there was some noise about a group of strange folk wanderin' around the town lately. Seems like they lost their minds and tried to remove the bloody stone outside o' town!"
[21:18:19] <Kondraki>"Ain't heard anything about no silver pins since then." A group in the corner of the pub seems to be staring in the trio's direction, somewhat intense, as they got up and left the pub quietly moments later.
[21:18:45] <~Gwen>"Raj, stop them….no violence please, Addison says."
[21:19:33] <~Gwen>Addison nods to the barkeep. "Is that everything?"
[21:19:49] <Lurker>"Might be hard," Raj mutters, getting up and following the group.
[21:20:00] <Kondraki>The ghosts don't seem to notice at first, but one of the men, a standard bearer it seemed, approached. "Oh woe…oh woe is Ireland, her savior's spirit torn from her bosom…."
[21:20:14] <Alivi>«Want me to go with Raj?>
[21:20:29] <~Gwen>«Yes»
[21:21:11] <Kondraki>«Addison, seems like a museum in Dublin was robbed of some old religious documents about three months ago. Relating to the apparent locations of the remaining relics belonging to Cu Chulainn.»
[21:21:45] <~Gwen>«Well, my bet is that the stolen items are here. The barkeep has confirmed a Brotherhood presence here.»
[21:22:03] <Feierbird>"It is a shame… there is a new threat to Ireland, though. The Brotherhood of the Thistle… they wear silver pins. Have you seen them? My team is tasked with getting rid of them."
[21:22:16] <Alivi>Raine gets up and follows after Raj, «Anything else you want me to do Addison?»
[21:22:20] <Kondraki>The group takes a quick turn out of the pub, walking towards the schoolhouse across the town. Stealth roll please.
[21:22:29] <Kondraki>Stealth for everyone following the group.
[21:22:52] <~Gwen>Addison is going to continue enjoying her drink while these guys are captured.
[21:24:43] <Kondraki>"Aye, all I know…'ey, boy!" Looking to a dark skinned boy in the corner of the bar who had been sweeping up some dried vomit, the barkeeper yelled out. "Get a bowl of stew fer our guest!" Grumbling audibly, the young boy of around 8 threw his broom into the wall and snapped it into two as he stormed off to the kitchen. "'ey! Yer payin' for that, Senny!"
[21:25:37] <Lurker>1d10+5 Stealthin'
[21:25:37] <Glacon>Lurker: Stealthin': 9 (1d10+5=4)
[21:26:13] <~Gwen>Addison watches the broom break. "Strong kiddo, huh?"
[21:26:51] <Alivi>1d10+3 Stealth
[21:26:51] <Glacon>Alivi: Stealth: 12 (1d10+3=9)
[21:27:33] <Alivi>1d10+6 Stealth+Dex
[21:27:34] <Glacon>Alivi: Stealth+Dex: 9 (1d10+6=3)
[21:39:34] Alivi (~moc.rr.ser.anilorac.085FC746-CRInys|ivilA#moc.rr.ser.anilorac.085FC746-CRInys|ivilA) left IRC. (Broken pipe)
[21:39:45] Alivi (~moc.rr.ser.anilorac.085FC746-CRInys|ivilA#moc.rr.ser.anilorac.085FC746-CRInys|ivilA) joined the channel.
[21:45:21] <Kondraki>"Aye, worthless with a broom though." He grumbled as well, before turning on his jolly smile. "Now where was I…Mi6, huh? These silverpins that troublesome that the brits got their spooks out lookin' for em?"
[21:45:34] <Kondraki>1d10+5 Goon Perception
[21:45:34] <Glacon>Kondraki: Goon Perception: 9 (1d10+5=4)
[21:46:28] <Kondraki>Unfortunately, the group seems to spot you after tailing them for a bit, making a hasty retreat into a nearby alley, before vanishing down a trap door at the end.
[21:46:55] <~Gwen>"They're a terrorist cell, of course the British government is out after them." Addison is still focused on the boy. Can she try and dive into his mind?
[21:47:55] <Kondraki>The ghost seems to be aware of the name. "The Thistle! Those who sought the spear of our savior, only to shatter it…their return is not surprising."
[21:48:47] <Kondraki>"Just as Gae Bolg has returned to mother Ireland, this plague of Thistle has returned as well!"
[21:49:06] <Kondraki>Go ahead, Addison
[21:49:22] <~Gwen>1d10+12 Manip+Perc+Puppeteer
[21:49:23] <Glacon>Gwen: Manip+Perc+Puppeteer: 19 (1d10+12=7)
[21:49:48] <Lurker>Raj looks to Raine. "Well at least we know they're in some trap door."
[21:50:01] <Feierbird>«Hold on. One says the Thistle wants the spear of their savior.»
[21:50:01] <Feierbird>"Why did they not succeed?"
[21:50:08] <Alivi>Raine approaches the trap door frowning. "What do you think we should do? Should I try to open it with ice?"
[21:51:33] <Lurker>"Well," Raj pulls one of the small sun-stones out of his pocket, flicking it. "Ask Addison if we should follow, or just wait here."
[21:53:38] <Kondraki>Diving into the barkeep's mind reveals him as genuine, but his other thoughts pervade his subconscious. The boy who was now retrieving a breadbowl of hot stew was no normal child, an orphan who'd appeared about 6 years ago, a baby found outside a barn where the first of the strange mare births occurred. He'd taken the boy in as a last resort, and had lost many of his valuable things to the child's absurd strength.
[21:54:17] <Alivi>«Hey Addison, should we go after them? They went down a trap door, you say the word and I will try to get it open.»
[21:54:39] <Kondraki>"Those of an organization opposing them, known as the Bureau, interceded to try and return the spear to its rightful place…but their strange magic caused Gae Bolg to scream in agony before it was destroyed."
[21:55:18] <Kondraki>"Glory be that Gae Bolg has returned to us…great sadness that Cu Chulainn has left us."
[21:55:52] <~Gwen>Addison gasps at the end of the vision. A wave of exhaustion hits Raine accidentally. «Y-Yeah, we'll go down…together though. Satyana, find Raj and Raine.>Addison looks to the barkeep. "Can I leave you my number? I need to know if any men or women with silver pins show up."
[21:57:07] <Lurker>Raj slips the sun-stone into his top, attaching it to the pendant attached to his cloak.
[21:58:00] <Alivi>Raine looks to Raj, "should I activate mine as well?"
[21:58:13] <Lurker>Raj vanishes before Raine, and he checks the trap door to see if it can open by natural means. "Might be worth a shot," the disembodied voice says.
[21:58:17] <Feierbird>«I'm a tad busy right now — the ghost says that the Bureau tried to stop the Thistle from destroying the spear, but our 'strange magic' caused Gae Bolg to 'scream in agony before it was destroyed.'»
[21:58:17] <Feierbird>"My team and I are with the Bureau — would you happen to know where we could find the Thistle? We're trying to get rid of whatever remains of them." She is still playing.
[21:59:04] <Kondraki>Suddenly, there's an explosion across town, tremors of the shock echoing through the earth as everyone around felt it. The trap door shuddered particularly hard, before a plume of fire and smoke issued forth from the entrance as it flapped open wildly.
[21:59:37] <Feierbird>Satyana stumbles a little and ceases to play the violin. "What was that?!"
[22:00:11] <Kondraki>This gets everyone in town's attention, the pub clearing out fast. The ghosts vanish back into the ethereal disturbance.
[22:00:28] <Lurker>Raj leaps back from the trap door at the sound of explosion, then rolls to the side as the door begins to flap open with flame. "Back to the pub!"
[22:00:38] <Lurker>He reaches in to detach the stone - as to not spook anyone.
[22:00:39] <~Gwen>Addison glances to the door and sighs, heading for the outside. She was going to try and force the people to stay inside…but gave up.
[22:00:59] <Kondraki>Everyone, Perception!
[22:01:05] <~Gwen>1dd10+5
[22:01:08] <~Gwen>1d10+5
[22:01:08] <Glacon>Gwen: 7 (1d10+5=2)
[22:01:10] <Alivi>Raine turns narrowing his eyes. "Right!" He activates his relic the air around him cooling down considerably.
[22:01:21] <Alivi>1d10+6
[22:01:21] <Glacon>Alivi: 10 (1d10+6=4)
[22:01:27] <Feierbird>d10+7
[22:01:27] <Glacon>Feierbird: 9 (d10+7=2)
[22:01:59] <Lurker>1d10+8 Perc + Inner Sight
[22:01:59] <Glacon>Lurker: Perc + Inner Sight: 11 (1d10+8=3)
[22:04:50] <Kondraki>Only Raj notices that among the people waking up and rushing to see what had happened, there were others heading in the opposite direction, towards the pub itself.
[22:05:21] <Lurker>« Pub, /now/. >Raj makes way towards the pub as originally intended.
[22:05:33] <Alivi>Raine turns and follows Raj, «Got it.»
[22:05:39] <Kondraki>The explosion seems to have come from the abandoned schoolhouse, a plume of smoke and fire rising into the night sky.
[22:06:00] <~Gwen>Addison stops as she steps out of the pub and blinks. «There's nothing in the pub»
[22:06:23] <Lurker>« People heading that way. »
[22:06:46] <~Gwen>Addison blocks the door. She's 5'6 and 100 pounds soaking wet. Bestest door guard ever.
[22:07:36] <Kondraki>A bit late, Addison notices that the pub is quickly becoming populated again, a group of desperate looking people glancing around and pushing past her.
[22:07:42] <Kondraki>Addison, perception.
[22:07:57] <~Gwen>1d10+5
[22:07:58] <Glacon>Gwen: 9 (1d10+5=4)
[22:08:24] <Feierbird>Satyana puts the violin back in its case and runs towards the pub.
[22:08:52] <Lurker>Raj will shove people out of the way to get to the pub if he needs to. He's on a mission!
[22:09:00] <Kondraki>It's hard to make out, but it looks like they're carrying something wrapped in sheets, a few things. One looked like a wheel or some sort, and the other was long and thin.
[22:09:23] <~Gwen>Any evidence to suggest they're Thistle?
[22:09:52] <Alivi>Raine as well is still making his way to the pub.
[22:10:53] <Kondraki>They don't even seem to care about Addison, continuing their search. Satyana, you notice you're no longer alone on the hill. An old woman, the same from the airport, is standing behind her.
[22:11:07] <Kondraki>Raine and Raj arrive at the same time. Perception from both.
[22:11:21] <Lurker>1d10+6 Perc
[22:11:22] <Glacon>Lurker: Perc: 10 (1d10+6=4)
[22:11:24] <Alivi>1d10+6 Perc
[22:11:24] <Glacon>Alivi: Perc: 14 (1d10+6=8)
[22:11:29] <Feierbird>Satyana notices her and turns around. After a moment's pause, "Morrigan?"
[22:11:33] <Kondraki>She waves to Satyana as she runs off, giving a wry grin.
[22:12:00] <Kondraki>redact
[22:12:23] <Kondraki>Raine sees that the group each has a small thistle tattoed below their right eye.
[22:12:39] <~Gwen>Can Addison try and use her mental powers to call their attention to her…stop them search?
[22:12:43] <~Gwen>**searching
[22:13:48] <Alivi>«It's them Addison, what do I do?»
[22:15:21] <Kondraki>She can try!
[22:16:28] <~Gwen>Addison whirls around. "Hey!" It's clear she's angry. "You motherfuckers ruined my wedding!" She closes her eyes and attempts to force them to turn their attention to her. «Raine, when they're looking at me…freeze these fuckers.»
[22:16:39] <~Gwen>1d10+12 tagging social engineer
[22:16:40] <Glacon>Gwen: tagging social engineer: 21 (1d10+12=9)
[22:17:42] <Alivi>«Got it.»
[22:18:14] <Kondraki>All eyes are suddenly on Addison!
[22:18:35] <~Gwen>"Eat winter, fuckers."
[22:19:15] <Kondraki>"The Bureau is here! Destroy them, destroy them now!"
[22:19:37] <Alivi>1d10+11 (Cold Blooded+Relic) Freeze Feet of Peoples
[22:19:38] <Glacon>Alivi: (Cold Blooded+Relic) Freeze Feet of Peoples: 19 (1d10+11=8)
[22:23:04] <Kondraki>The group doesn't stand a chance, their feet frozen solid to the floor. They didn't look like the classic thistle agents, dressed plainclothes, but they seemed just as crazy and determined.
[22:23:23] <Kondraki>Addison, once more with perception.
[22:23:44] <~Gwen>1d10+5
[22:23:45] <Glacon>Gwen: 9 (1d10+5=4)
[22:25:25] <Lurker>Raj quickly replaces his sun-stone incase any of them try to attack. He's better when people can't see him.
[22:25:28] <Kondraki>You notice that the barkeep and the boy are nowhere to be seen.
[22:25:39] <Kondraki>And that they never left with the other patrons.
[22:26:25] <~Gwen>Addison smiles. "Nobody move," she winks. "Now, why are you here and where the hell is the owner of this place?"
[22:27:30] <Kondraki>"We'd rather die than reveal our secrets, bureau-scum…but don't you worry. We already have your demonic murderer in our custody!"
[22:28:26] <~Gwen>"Demonic murderer? As in Elliot?" Addison places her hands on her hips. "Agent Virtanen…more ice. Up to their knees please."
[22:28:39] <Kondraki>"Let it be known that Victor's killer will suffer greatly…and soon, once we find what we came here for, the world will once more fear the Thistle…"
[22:29:25] <Alivi>"Got it." He pauses at those words and glances to Addison, "Shall I do it above the knees for that?"
[22:29:59] <~Gwen>"No no, knees for now," Addison says. "They'll talk after that."
[22:30:25] <Alivi>"Alright."
[22:30:31] <Kondraki>There was no fear in their eyes…these people were on the very edge of extremism.
[22:30:37] <Alivi>1d10+9 knees!
[22:30:37] <Glacon>Alivi: knees!: 17 (1d10+9=8)
[22:30:56] <Kondraki>The ice coats them up to their knees. Everyone perception.
[22:31:02] <~Gwen>1d10+5
[22:31:02] <Glacon>Gwen: 9 (1d10+5=4)
[22:31:04] <Alivi>1d10+6
[22:31:04] <Glacon>Alivi: 13 (1d10+6=7)
[22:31:05] <Lurker>Raj - invisibly - approaches Addison's side. "Shall I help… convince them to speak, Mistress Hawthorne?" Oh he knows how to play up the invisible card.
[22:31:10] Kondraki (~ten.nhb.ser.6EA7482B-CRInys|versba#ten.nhb.ser.6EA7482B-CRInys|versba) left IRC. (Quit: If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.)
[22:31:14] <Lurker>1d10+6
[22:31:14] <Glacon>Lurker: 11 (1d10+6=5)
[22:32:09] Kondraki (~ten.nhb.ser.6EA7482B-CRInys|versba#ten.nhb.ser.6EA7482B-CRInys|versba) joined the channel.
[22:33:46] <Kondraki>"It seems the pub is hosting quite the party tonight…quite the ruckus." The woman had a rather clear voice for a crone.
[22:35:28] <Feierbird>She looks over towards the pub, hearing the fight. "Indeed…" She looks back to Morrigan. "So, what brings you here?"
[22:35:36] <Kondraki>Raine sees that one of the men in the back is starting to visibly panic.
[22:36:13] <Kondraki>"Oh, business, pleasure…who knows anymore. I am where it pleases me to be. For now…I find curiosity in those who seek the boy."
[22:36:43] <Alivi>"Addison," Raine nods his head in the direction of the panicking man.
[22:37:03] <Feierbird>Satyana smiles a little. "You mean Elliot?"
[22:37:44] <~Gwen>Addison looks to the panicked man and smiles, before making her way towards him. She points at him. "You!" She speeds up a little. "We can do this two ways. You can answer my questions or I can jump into your mind and get what I want. You pick."
[22:38:33] <Kondraki>She gives a laugh. "Oh, that boy and his dance with the fates is certainly amusing…I'm sure my daughter gets a kick out of it. No, child, I speak of another. The source of the Thistle's long ambitions to establish themselves here in these lands against all odds."
[22:39:30] <Feierbird>Should Satyana roll something to figure out what she might mean, or am I missing something obvious that Satyana should be able to figure out?
[22:44:32] <Kondraki>It's a figure out kind of thing.
[22:45:13] Feierbird is now known as Feierchores
[22:45:51] <Feierchores>"Cu Chulainn, then? Or Gae Bolg? I can never keep the two straight."
[22:46:44] <Kondraki>"No! No no no…I'll tell you, please, just release me! They promised me torture if I dared defect…but death is not my desire!"
[22:47:18] <~Gwen>"Where is my husband? Where is the owner of this establishment? Where is the boy that works here?"
[22:47:34] Alivi_ (~moc.rr.ser.anilorac.085FC746-CRInys|ivilA#moc.rr.ser.anilorac.085FC746-CRInys|ivilA) joined the channel.
[22:47:34] Alivi (~moc.rr.ser.anilorac.085FC746-CRInys|ivilA#moc.rr.ser.anilorac.085FC746-CRInys|ivilA) left IRC. (Broken pipe)
[22:47:34] Alivi_ is now known as Alivi
[22:48:36] <Kondraki>"Our…compatriots have the former in custody. Safe, apparently, until the end of the operation. We…don't know of the location of the other two. We've been searching for months, trying to locate that boy…"
[22:49:19] <~Gwen>"Where is Elliot Hawthorne being held?"
[22:50:10] <Kondraki>"Truly, child, they are one and the same. Gae bolg is useless without it's wielder."
[22:50:27] <~Gwen>"Raj, collect those two wrapped items from the men. Knock them out if you have to, do NOT kill them."
[22:51:37] <Lurker>Raj moves - still with the stone activated - towards the items, plucking them from the men's hands.
[22:51:47] <Kondraki>Satyana and The Morrigan are soon no longer alone on the hill. A boy and a surly looking man, the same who'd been previously keeping the bar, arrived in quite the rush. "Morrigan! They've found us…they've found him, and the spear. How much longer must we stay so close to danger!?" The boy seemed frustrated and confused, struggling against the man's strong grip.
[22:52:36] <Kondraki>"Let me go! My stuffs in the bar you dumb old man, let me gooooo!"
[22:52:51] <Kondraki>"He's…under the church. Please…let me go, please!"
[22:53:11] <Kondraki>The two items seem to radiate great power.
[22:54:13] <~Gwen>"Raine, release this one." Addison pulls out a twenty pound note from her pocket and hands it to the man. "Get yourself a train to Dublin and head to the Rose and Crown Inn, tell the barkeeper Addison sent you and stay in room three until I contact you. Questions?"
[22:54:59] <Kondraki>He shook his head, although the rest of him seemed to be shaking quite a bit as well.
[22:55:03] <Alivi>Raine looks at the man and the Addison, he nods and releases the man, the ice melts away quickly.
[22:55:11] <Lurker>Raj holds them under each arm, heading back over to Addison.
[22:55:27] <Kondraki>He's out of there like hell on wheels, booking it out of the pub.
[22:55:53] <~Gwen>"As for the rest of you!" Addison moves towards the door, motioning for the others to follow. "Chill out," she grins. "Raine, make sure the ice doesn't melt in here."
[22:56:29] <Alivi>Raine grins, "Awesome."
[22:56:33] <Lurker>«Am I really stuck carrying whatever these are? What if they're bombs?»
[22:56:39] <Alivi>1d10+9 Freeze the room
[22:56:40] <Glacon>Alivi: Freeze the room: 17 (1d10+9=8)
[22:57:00] <~Gwen>«Raj, I trust that you will survive being exploded.> Addison steps out of the pub and head towards the church!
[22:57:20] <Kondraki>"You bitch! Your husband is as good as dead…you're all as good as dead!" The leader of the pack seemed just as full of viritol.
[22:57:52] <Lurker>"Would you like me to shut him up?"
[22:58:08] <~Gwen>"Nope. I want him to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law by the BSA."
[23:00:18] <Lurker>"Fair enough."
[23:02:53] <Kondraki>The room is frozen solid by Raine's icy magic, leaving them completely stuck and silent, frozen in place.
[23:03:23] <Alivi>Raine smiles and follows Addison.
[23:03:25] <~Gwen>Addison breaks into a jog towards the church.
[23:03:29] <Kondraki>The church seems to be still open for business, except for the doors having been blown off by some unknown force, laying twisted and broken on the ground.
[23:03:58] Feierchores is now known as Scantron
[23:04:21] <~Gwen>Addison sighs. "I hate churches, she head inside."
[23:04:25] <Lurker>Raj carries both items awkwardly as he invisibly follows Addison. He would un-invisible, except that his hands are full.
[23:05:25] <Scantron>Satyana looks between Morrigan and the boy and the man. "You're working with them?"
[23:07:27] <Alivi>Raine enters the church
[23:07:39] Kondraki (~ten.nhb.ser.6EA7482B-CRInys|versba#ten.nhb.ser.6EA7482B-CRInys|versba) left IRC. (Quit: If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.)
[23:08:02] Kondraki (~ten.nhb.ser.6EA7482B-CRInys|versba#ten.nhb.ser.6EA7482B-CRInys|versba) joined the channel.
[23:09:31] <Kondraki>She laughs. "More that our interests have overlapped. Garolf wishes to protect the boy, and I wish to see him grown. The Thistle happens to clash with these goals."
[23:10:16] <~Gwen>Wits+Investigation to find a way under the church?
[23:10:23] <Kondraki>Garolf the bartender looked to Satyana. "You…who are ye workin' for, huh? Same as those 'Mi6' goons back at the bar, eh?"
[23:10:30] <Kondraki>Roll for it.
[23:10:34] <Kondraki>Perception works as well.
[23:10:39] <~Gwen>1d10+7
[23:10:39] <Glacon>Gwen: 16 (1d10+7=9)
[23:10:59] <Scantron>She nods. "I'm with their team. I was sent to investigate the rock while they handled other tasks."
[23:11:27] <Kondraki>The now abandoned church has a similar trap door, one just behind the third set of benches.
[23:12:11] <Kondraki>"Then your friends are being led like sheep."
[23:12:39] <Kondraki>Perception, Satyana
[23:13:15] <Scantron>d10+7
[23:13:16] <Glacon>Scantron: 17 (d10+7=10)
[23:13:21] <Scantron>d10+17
[23:13:21] <Glacon>Scantron: 19 (d10+17=2)
[23:13:25] <Scantron>Final: 19
[23:13:46] <~Gwen>Addison moves to open the trap door.
[23:13:58] <Alivi>Raine moves close to Addison.
[23:14:51] <Kondraki>The door opens easily enough, leading to a dark set of stairs that spiraled into the depths.
[23:15:09] <~Gwen>Flashlight app time, Addison heads down the stairs.
[23:15:39] <Alivi>Raine follows Addison making a mental note to someday get a flashlight.
[23:16:11] <Alivi>«You ok Addison?»
[23:16:36] <Kondraki>Satyana notices it as quickly as The Morrigan does, that a number of trap doors are being unlocked and unhinged around the hill. One by one they swung open, their grassy facades opening to dark passages, with more of the Thistle tattooed goons appearing to surround the hill.
[23:17:47] <Kondraki>The passage within the church leads to a massive underground passage, a tangled web of caverns and dug out tunnels that seemed to open up all around town.
[23:18:00] <Scantron>«Thistle members surrounding me, Morrigan, and a man and a boy up on the hill. Send help.>Satyana instinctively moves closer to Morrigan.
[23:18:11] <Kondraki>However, they seem to be oddly silent and unoccupied at the moment.
[23:18:20] <~Gwen>«Fine.>She's not. She stretches out her mind. Where is Elliot?
[23:19:20] <Alivi>Raine looks back, «Not good…what do we do?»
[23:19:49] <Kondraki>Elliot's mind is quiet but still alive, likely in some form of induced sleep. He's somewhere near the center of these caverns.
[23:20:15] <Lurker>Raj stayed behind with Satyana - he's just a pair of floating packages.
[23:20:59] Alivi_ (~moc.rr.ser.anilorac.085FC746-CRInys|ivilA#moc.rr.ser.anilorac.085FC746-CRInys|ivilA) joined the channel.
[23:20:59] Alivi (~moc.rr.ser.anilorac.085FC746-CRInys|ivilA#moc.rr.ser.anilorac.085FC746-CRInys|ivilA) left IRC. (Connection reset by peer)
[23:21:00] Alivi_ is now known as Alivi
[23:21:03] <Scantron>Satyana hasn't noticed this yet, between the low lighting and ample distractions
[23:21:09] <~Gwen>«This way> Addison heads off towards Elliot.
[23:22:42] <Kondraki>On the hill, the only person who seems unconcerned with the surrounding strike force, armed with a number of dangerous looking magical weapons, was The Morrigan herself. Garolf was scared out of his mind, but yet still moved between the boy and the attackers…but the boy wasn't scared. Instead, he seemed oddly enraged. Finally, the crone spoke. "Invisible one, do you have a weapon to spare?"
[23:23:11] <Alivi>Raine follows Addison, «Is he there?»
[23:23:24] <~Gwen>«He is this way.»
[23:23:51] <Scantron>Satyana looks to Morrigan, slightly confused.
[23:24:02] <Kondraki>Elliot is soon discovered within the central chamber, hanging from his wrists and bleeding from a number of wounds across his body. He was regenerating slowly, but it seemed they'd done a number on their hated enemy.
[23:25:08] <Alivi>«Ok!»
[23:25:12] <Lurker>"I do, should I just place these down, or are they fragile?"
[23:25:35] <~Gwen>Are his bindings locked?
[23:25:54] <Scantron>"…oh. Hello Raj."
[23:26:38] <Lurker>"I've been here the whole time, but I'm unsure if dropping these would be a bad thing, so I'm staying invisible for now." Carefully, he lowers the packages to the ground. "Please don't step on them."
[23:27:07] <Kondraki>The Morrigan laughed. "You should worry more about your own fragility."
[23:28:16] <Kondraki>As he set down the packages, the boy seemed instantly drawn to the longer of the two. Sitting across the ground, it vibrated as he came closer to it, an act which seemed to disturb both his caretaker, and the attacking Thistle agents.
[23:28:41] <Kondraki>Elliot's bindings are locked, but not particularly strong. Old, rusted iron.
[23:29:21] <Kondraki>"No! Don't let him touch Gae Bolg!"
[23:29:54] <Lurker>Raj picks the packages both up. "Then you'll have to do without my weapons."
[23:30:21] <~Gwen>Addison looks to Raine. "I don't have my picks on me….can you make me to thin, strong ice needles?"
[23:30:23] <Kondraki>1d10+9
[23:30:23] <Glacon>Kondraki: 10 (1d10+9=1)
[23:30:57] <Alivi>"Sure thing."
[23:31:48] <Kondraki>As soon as he tries to grab the long package again, he'd feel a horribly painful sensation as dozens of painful, sharp spikes shot out into Raj's hand, skewering it.
[23:32:11] <Scantron>"Oh. Oh my."
[23:32:27] <Scantron>Or wait, are these just imaginary spikes?
[23:32:41] <Kondraki>The Morrigan just grins. "Foolish, trying to come between that boy and his fate."
[23:33:10] <Alivi>1d10+9 ice needles
[23:33:10] <Glacon>Alivi: ice needles: 13 (1d10+9=4)
[23:33:12] <Kondraki>Roll Stamina+Resolve, raj.
[23:33:24] <Lurker>1d10+4
[23:33:24] <Glacon>Lurker: 12 (1d10+4=8)
[23:34:14] <Kondraki>The spikes slink back into the weapon, but you fail to hold onto it and take 2 Bashing.
[23:34:41] <Scantron>"Hm…" What are the Thistle goons doing?
[23:34:56] <~Gwen>Addison takes the needles and sets to work on the locks on Elliot's bindings.
[23:34:59] <~Gwen>1d10+9
[23:34:59] <Glacon>Gwen: 14 (1d10+9=5)
[23:35:25] <Kondraki>As it drops, the boy rushes to lift it off the ground, tearing away the wrapping and revealing the relic beneath. The Thistle agents are worried about approaching…something isn't right about the situation, and The Morrigan's grin says it all.
[23:35:45] <Kondraki>Raine and Addison's combined efforts manage to free Elliot from his bindings, letting him loose.
[23:36:26] <Alivi>"There we go…"
[23:37:07] <~Gwen>Addison enters Elliot's head and tries to wake him up.
[23:38:30] <Kondraki>From the moment the spear's shaft touched his palm, the boy seemed to suddenly shudder uncontrollably. What could only be described as a storm of flesh is what replaced the boy, his face shifting and twisting like it had been made of some horrid putty, as his legs twisted backwards and his eyes bulged and sucked into his head alternatively. It was hard to say which way it was facing, but the ferociousness of it seemed to give the Thistle pause
[23:38:30] <Kondraki>anew.
[23:38:54] <Scantron>Satyana stands there, stunned.
[23:38:56] <Kondraki>Rousing from sleep, Elliot looked around as he gazed up towards Addison. "Wha…where…what happened?"
[23:39:11] <Alivi>"You were caught."
[23:39:34] <~Gwen>"You got taken by Brothers of the Thistle." Addison looks into his eyes. "This means we're even, Elliot."
[23:40:09] <Lurker>Raj takes a step back and attempts to tend to his bleeding hand.
[23:40:37] <Kondraki>Before they could even begin a retreat, the…thing that was the boy turned upon them like a vicious storm of violence. To see a six year old boy evicerating grown men likethey were made of tissue paper was truly a…unique sight.
[23:40:50] <Scantron>«Raj's hand is injured, by the w- oh wow.»
[23:42:10] <Kondraki>And so, The Morrigan laughed. Blood soaked the grass, and only the fastest of the Thistle retinue managed to escape the horror of Gae Bolg's unleashed fury. But suddenly, that same storm of blades and rage turned upon the hill, towards Raj and Garolf!
[23:42:37] <Kondraki>Despite his injuries, Elliot managed a smile. "…yeah. Even."
[23:43:10] <~Gwen>Addison holds out her hand to help him up.
[23:43:51] <Kondraki>The Morrigan looked towards Satyana. "Please, would you do me the favor of settling that child down. He's liable to tear up the entire town like this."
[23:44:46] <Lurker>Raj glances up at the storm approaching, and draws his pistol with his uninjured hand, casually raising it, but pausing as he hears The Morrigan's request.
[23:45:01] <Scantron>"Uhh… I should probably try." Satyana turns to the child and thinks fast. Does she have /any/ idea of something that could calm him down, or will she have to use her meager people skills?
[23:45:16] <Kondraki>Roll Academics+Occult
[23:46:48] <Scantron>d10+9 interesting choice
[23:46:48] <Glacon>Scantron: interesting choice: 11 (d10+9=2)
[23:47:12] <Scantron>t(o.ot)
[23:48:12] <Kondraki>You recall a legend regarding this kind of battle rage, known as a Warp Spasm. Traditionally attributed to Cu Chulainn, his father once settled him down by sending women to interdict him, as he refused to harm the opposite sex.
[23:49:26] <Scantron>Satyana takes a deep breath, then moves to stand between Raj and Garolf and Gae Bolg.
[23:49:38] <Scantron>Or the guy holding it. I can't remember the difference :P
[23:50:49] <Kondraki>The rage fueled little boy comes to a screeching halt, smacking right into Satyana's legs and falling flat on his ass as his body started to form back into its proper shape.
[23:51:14] <~Gwen>Addison starts leading Raine and Elliot towards the surface again.
[23:51:15] <Lurker>Raj keeps his pistol in hand, but lowers it.
[23:51:30] <Alivi>Raine follows along
[23:51:38] <Kondraki>Panting and spattered with a bit of blood, it seemed the whole berserker act tired the boy out.
[23:51:43] <Scantron>"I am glad that that worked."
[23:52:34] <Scantron>She frowns, then ponders. ~[How is the boy special, though…]~
[23:53:22] <Lurker>"Me too. Killing children - or things masquerading as children isn't something I like to do." He holsters the pistol. "Plus you're more useful to The Bureau with your body parts intact."
[23:54:30] <Scantron>"I would hope so."
[23:54:30] <Kondraki>Garolf looked over the boy, but he didn't seem as interested as getting close to him, now that the spear was in his hand. "…it wasn't supposed to happen like this. He was supposed to learn better than this, Morrigan!" Turning on the crone, he seemed enraged. "I'm…I'm done with this, I'm done with you and your horrible schemes!" Giving Satyana and Raj a similarly sour look, he stormed off, stepping over the corpses as he headed off back int
[23:54:31] <Kondraki>town.
[23:55:02] <Scantron>Satyana glances at him, then shrugs. To Morrigan, "Schemes?"
[23:55:03] <Kondraki>As Raine, Addison, and Elliot all arrive back at the surface, they appear at the hill, only catching the aftermath.
[23:55:38] <Alivi>"Wow…"
[23:57:09] <~Gwen>Addison blinks. "Wow…" «Is it over, because we have a splinter cell in cold storage that I'd like to deal with.»
[23:57:29] <Kondraki>The crone just smiled. "My work here is done…for now. Please, tell my daughter I said hello…and to call sometime." With a flap of a bird's wings, the crone vanished, flying off into the sky as inscrutable as ever.
[23:57:55] <Lurker>Raj plucks the stone from the pendant, tucking it away in the pouch he pulled it from, then examining his hand and searching himself for something to wrap around it.
[23:58:19] <Alivi>Raine deactivates his relic.
[23:58:54] <~Gwen>—- Back to the Bureau
[23:58:59] <~Gwen>Lounge, etc.
[23:59:42] <Lurker>Back at the Bureau, Raj has freshly bandaged his hand, and set the stones to recharging, before going for coffee in the lounge.
[23:59:59] <Alivi>Raine is shivering but doing rather well.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License