The Dancing Queen

[7:46pm] Lurker: An announcement comes on the intercom. "Team 2, to briefing room. Team 2, to briefing room."
[7:47pm] Alivi: Raine looks up and gets up. He makes his way to said room
[7:47pm] Tom90deg: Zoe gets up and heads on over!
[7:48pm] Gwen: Addison heads out of her room and moves to the briefing room.
[7:48pm] Scantron: Satyana goes to the briefing room as well.
[7:53pm] Lurker: There's a few people in the room already. One of them is the director - another might be a familiar face: an older gentleman, looking in his mid 40s or 50s, with short, light brown hair that's slicked back, and a stern face. He's in a Bureau outfit, but it looks a little more 'policey' than normal. There's also… [[ and here Gwen can take it away ]]
[7:54pm] Gwen: The Director is standing at the front of the room as usual. "Before I get on to the briefing Angels…you're getting a new team member. A medic!"
[7:55pm] Scantron: "Oh, that's good."
[7:56pm] Scantron: She shifts in her seat a bit.
[7:56pm] Tom90deg: "A medic!"
[7:56pm] Tom90deg: "That's great news/"
[7:56pm] Gwen: The Director motions to the door. "Ladies and gentlemen. Dr. John Renshaw."
[7:57pm] Alivi: Raine looks as well
[7:57pm] Gwen: Addison glances over to the door.
[7:59pm] Scantron: Satyana looks over.
[8:02pm] Gara: And through the door Dr. John Renshaw enters.
[8:04pm] Gwen: "Dr. Renshaw, this is Addison Hawthorne, acting team lead." He gestures to the blue haired girl. "Then we have Satyana, Zoe, and Raine."
[8:04pm] Tom90deg: "Hi."
[8:05pm] Gara: "Hi." He finds a seat.
[8:05pm] Scantron: "Hello."
[8:05pm] Lurker: Greg - the policey dude - is holding several folders. He waits patiently.
[8:06pm] Alivi: Raine nods.
[8:06pm] Gwen: The Director then steps back and glances over to Greg.
[8:06pm] Scantron: "I believe we will have the opportunity to get acquainted on the plane ride, if there is one." She looks to old Greg.
[8:08pm] Lurker: Greg tosses the folders down onto the table. "Germany. The police force is dealing with quite a problem there. Apparently there's been incidents at a local nightclub in Berlin. Normally it'd be written off as overdosing, but get this - the folks who've died haven't even had alcohol in their system."
[8:08pm] Alivi: "Strange…"
[8:08pm] Tom90deg: "Odd."
[8:08pm] Lurker: "Twenty six deaths this month, forty one in the past three. All of them look accidental, almost like seizures, but medical records show no signs of epilepsy or anything."
[8:08pm] Tom90deg: "What exactly happened?"
[8:11pm] Lurker: "That's the thing - no one can figure it out. It just seems like their brains and bodies shut down without a reason. One guy we thought might've had some sort of medical condition, but it just turned out it was unnoticed cancer. Cancer doesn't make you drop dead in a nightclub. The kicker?" He gestures to the folders. "The janitorial staff are the only ones who noticed. That means
[8:11pm] Lurker: unless they dropped dead while locked in after hours, people didn't care, or didn't notice. Shit like that doesn't fly in Berlin, chaps."
[8:12pm] Tom90deg: "Hm."
[8:12pm] Tom90deg: "Could they have been locked in after hours? And when were the bodies discovered?"
[8:13pm] Lurker: "Dancefloor. There's no way that the staff wouldn't have noticed when they were closing tills or anything."
[8:14pm] Scantron: "Do we have proof that they were in the club beforehand? There's always the possibility that they were taken there after hours somehow."
[8:14pm] Tom90deg: "Alright. And when where the bodies discovered?"
[8:16pm] Lurker: "Early morning - around the time the janitors showed up to start cleaning." Roll perception.
[8:16pm] Gwen: 1d10+5
[8:16pm] Scantron: d10+7 You try to get over, you're gonna go under.
[8:16pm] Glacon: Gwen: 15 (1d10+5=10)
[8:16pm] Glacon: Scantron: You try to get over, you're gonna go under.: 15 (d10+7=8)
[8:16pm] Gwen: 1d10
[8:16pm] Glacon: Gwen: 1 (1d10=1)
[8:17pm] Alivi: 1d10+6
[8:17pm] Glacon: Alivi: 8 (1d10+6=2)
[8:17pm] Tom90deg: 1d10+3
[8:17pm] Glacon: Tom90deg: 7 (1d10+3=4)
[8:17pm] Gara: d10+6
[8:17pm] Glacon: Gara: 10 (d10+6=4)
[8:18pm] Lurker: Raine, John, Addison, and Satyana all note that the deaths only seemed to happen on Thursday nights, and Saturday nights.
[8:19pm] Lurker: All the calls for the police were done between 4-6am.
[8:19pm] Gwen: Is there anything special about these nights at the clubs?"
[8:19pm] Scantron: "Hm… only on Thursdays and Saturdays. And the police calls only came from four to six in the morning."
[8:20pm] Tom90deg: "Hm."
[8:20pm] Tom90deg: "There's always the stakeout option…"
[8:20pm] Lurker: "Nothing special. The manager from Thursday to Sunday is the same guy, the only thing that changes daily is the drink special," Greg says, before looking to Zoe. "Tried that. Cops didn't notice anything - even when there were deaths."
[8:21pm] Lurker: "Something's playing naughty in the nightclub, and we have to get down to the bottom of it."
[8:22pm] Tom90deg: "Right then."
[8:24pm] Lurker: "So, you all ready to go to Berlin?" He smiles, folding his hands behind his back and standing at ease.
[8:25pm] Tom90deg: "Yup!"
[8:25pm] Scantron: "I am."
[8:25pm] Gara: "Sure."
[8:27pm] Gwen: Addison stands. "[I hate Berlin.]" That was in German.
[8:28pm] Alivi: "This will…be…troublesome."
[8:29pm] Lurker: He turns to the Director, and nods. "You'll be meeting up with a contact there. You'll find him at the airport bar waiting for you. Name's Mitchell. He's the big guy who looks like he could pass for a neo-nazi, probably with no one sitting around him."
[8:30pm] Gwen: "Is Mitchell a native?"
[8:30pm] Gwen: "Of Berlin I mean."
[8:31pm] Lurker: "Dusseldorf."
[8:32pm] Gwen: Addison nods and heads off to go…dress…a little weirder than she normally does."
[8:33pm] Tom90deg: Zoe also heads off to get propery dress
[8:33pm] Gara: As does John, I suppose.
[8:33pm] Scantron: Satyana heads out as well. Following Zoe, "I don't think I have anything appropriate. Do you have anything I could borrow?"
[8:34pm] Alivi: Raine stands there confused. "Wait…."
[8:34pm] Gwen: "What size do you wear?"
[8:35pm] Alivi: Raine shrugs and heads back to the lounge to wait for people, he is wearing his normal attire.
[8:36pm] Scantron: Satyana tells her ((I don't know how sizes work OOC))
[8:36pm] Gwen: 'Between Zoe and I, we might have something."
[8:36pm] Tom90deg: "Sure, What do you like?"
[8:36pm] Tom90deg: "Like, fav colors or anything?
[8:36pm] Scantron: "Anything works."
[8:37pm] Gwen: Addison disappears inside her condo after wresting her large tiger away from the door.
[8:41pm] Tom90deg: Zoe heads into hers as well, looking for something sutable.
[8:43pm] Scantron: Shouldn't be too hard :P
[8:43pm] Gwen: Addison head down to the car. She's wearing a tight, dark blue dress that shows off a lot of skin. She also a has a long black leather coat with her. She hops into the car and starts the engine, muttering to herself in german.
[8:44pm] Scantron: Satyana is given something appropriate. After changing into it, she goes off to the plane.
[8:44pm] Scantron: er, to the car. w/e.
[8:44pm] Tom90deg: Zoe heads on down to the car, she's wearing something nice in green.
[8:45pm] Alivi: Raine goes to the car, he is still dressed in his casual, normal outfit. He seems surprised that everyone is changed. "What……..are you all wearing?"
[8:45pm] Gara: John heads to the car wearing a suit.
[8:45pm] Gwen: "Something you will never speak of again, Raine."
[8:45pm] Alivi: "….why?"
[8:46pm] Gwen: Addison slips her glasses on. "Because. It's ridiculous.
[8:47pm] Scantron: "My normal attire would make me stand out like a sore thumb." She shifts in her seat again. "This must be what it's like to be a prostitute."
[8:47pm] Tom90deg: "You guys don't know how to dress up."
[8:47pm] Tom90deg: "And that's MY dress you've got on thank you VERY much Satayana."
[8:48pm] Gwen: "Zo' I live in jeans and a t-shirt." Addison takes off. For Dr. Renshaw, this would be a new experience. Addison drives like a maniac.
[8:49pm] Scantron: Satyana holds on tightly to whatever passes for a handhold. "You're welcome. It wasn't an insult, by the way."
[8:50pm] Tom90deg: "Ah.
[8:50pm] Tom90deg: "
[8:51pm] Gara: John is rattled around, more then a little worried about suddenly dying.
[8:51pm] Scantron: Satyana turns to John. "So, we'll need to know about you."
[8:51pm] Gwen: One last sharp turn sees them on to the tarmac of Heathrow airport and up into the rear of a large plane.
[8:52pm] Tom90deg: "Mmm, Yes."
[8:53pm] Alivi: Raine just clings to dear life, like normal
[8:53pm] Gwen: "You're not a soapy, self-centred bitch are you?" Addison looks over to Dr. Renshaw…it's clear she has a chip on her shoulder.
[8:53pm] Gara: "Will you?"
[8:53pm] Gara: "Not really."
[8:53pm] Tom90deg: "Good to hear."
[8:53pm] Gwen: "I like him."
[8:54pm] Alivi: "Seems like we'll get along."
[8:54pm] Tom90deg: "Mmm…Never been to berlin."
[8:55pm] Scantron: "I went to Hamburg once, but not Berlin."
[8:55pm] Gwen: "Do any of you speak German?"
[8:56pm] Alivi: Raine shakes his head.
[8:56pm] Tom90deg: "Nope."
[8:56pm] Scantron: "None."
[8:56pm] Gara: "Not a word."
[8:56pm] Gwen: Addison face palms. "Great." She heads into the lounge part of the plane as it starts to taxi.
[8:57pm] Tom90deg: "Hey, you know I just speak english." Zoe follows Addision
[8:57pm] Scantron: "I at least know two languages."
[8:58pm] Gwen: "You've pulled jobs in Berlin Zo' I figured you might have picked a little."
[8:58pm] Lurker: The flight is comfortable and without any major problems - a little turbulence, but nothing major. They touch down, and are driven to the terminal on a cute little shuttle bus. The driver is a kindly, fat man with a big bushy moustache who speaks broken English, but seems cheerful to try.
[8:58pm] Tom90deg: "I don't normaly stop to talk to them."
[8:58pm] Tom90deg: "Becides, the dumb english tourist is a nice cover."
[8:59pm] Lurker: Upon arrival at the terminal, they're almost immediately met with a sight of the bar. It's a big bar for an airport - and there are more than a few taps along it. Sure enough, sitting at the bar with three seats distance on either side, is a 6-foot-something guy in a tight t-shirt, tattoos all over his arms, and his blond hair in a mohawk. Approaching would reveal a blond goatee as well.
[9:02pm] Tom90deg: "And there's our target."
[9:02pm] Scantron: "I think that that would be Mitchell."
[9:02pm] Gwen: Addison adjusts her outfit and starts making her way towards him.
[9:03pm] Alivi: Raine walks towards the person, hands in his pockets.
[9:03pm] Scantron: Satyana follows too.
[9:03pm] Lurker: The barkeep looks absolutely terrified to be serving the man, but carefully slides another glass of a dark red ale over to him. He picks it up, and takes a long chug.
[9:04pm] Gara: John follows them.
[9:04pm] Tom90deg: Zoe follows
[9:05pm] Gwen: "[I'm looking for a guy named Mitchell, you wouldn't happen to know him, would you?]" All German.
[9:06pm] Lurker: The man pauses, then looks over his shoulder. "[Who's asking?]" he says calmly in response, taking another long swig from the glass. It's almost empty now.
[9:08pm] Gwen: ["Addison, you know my…employers.]"
[9:11pm] Tom90deg: Zoe looks around the bar, idly humming to herself
[9:11pm] Lurker: "[Possibly. I know many people,]" he says again, swishing the rest of his drink around, then finishing it. He turns in his seat, facing Addison now. Holy hell does the man look like he could take on an entire police force. "[Who exactly sent you?]"
[9:12pm] Gwen: Addison is wee-tiny next to this guy. ["Gregory."]
[9:13pm] Lurker: He pauses, then slaps his leg. "Greg! How is he doing? I haven't spoken to him in /ages/ before today!" Oh my god he's cheerful.
[9:13pm] Gwen: Addison smiles. "He's well. Got work in London."
[9:13pm] Gara is now known as Garaway.
[9:14pm] Scantron: "If we could get to work, that would seem to be the productive thing to do."
[9:14pm] Lurker: "Good, good. I heard he got promoted in the SAS a while back - that's a long while back. You must be Team 2, ja?" He looks them over. "Do you have your own car, or should I rent you one?"
[9:15pm] Gwen: "The Rover is still in the plane. I made sure to have German plates installed."
[9:16pm] Tom90deg: "Shall we?"
[9:16pm] Lurker: He nods, motioning for them to lead the way. "I'll go with you, much faster that way."
[9:17pm] Gwen: "Much…much faster." Addison heads back to the plane.
[9:17pm] Tom90deg: "Heh, you've no idea."
[9:17pm] Garaway is now known as Gara.
[9:18pm] Scantron: "Prepare yourself." Satyana goes back to the plane as well.
[9:18pm] Tom90deg: Zoe heads on back to the plain
[9:19pm] Gwen: Addison hops in the car and revs the engine, grinning.
[9:20pm] Gara: John heads back to the car, scared out of his wits.
[9:20pm] Lurker: "Perhaps I should drive, ja? I know all the best shortcuts."
[9:20pm] Tom90deg: "Addy's more fun."
[9:20pm] Gwen: Addison glances over. "You direct, I'll drive."
[9:21pm] Lurker: Mitchell hops in the passenger seat, buckling in. "Alright, you're going to want to head straight out and head for the city center…"
[9:21pm] Alivi: Raine sits in the car.
[9:21pm] Scantron: Satyana sits inside as well. She doesn't seem afraid at all.
[9:21pm] Gwen: Addison does as she is told…at about 20 above the speed limit
[9:21pm] Gwen: "Can we take the Autobahn?"
[9:24pm] Scantron: "No."
[9:25pm] Alivi: "What is that?"
[9:25pm] Gwen: "High with no speed limits."
[9:25pm] Lurker: "We can, but it's faster to stick to the main roads."
[9:25pm] Scantron: "You cause enough problems *with* a speed limit, Addison."
[9:26pm] Alivi: "Please no.."
[9:26pm] Gwen: Addison grumbles and does as she is told.
[9:28pm] Lurker: Mitchell directs her, seemingly unphased by her driving, and soon enough, they're pulling up to a club that looks like it's just getting ready to open. "Now, if you need anything - call me at this number, and we'll have some cars come to assist, ja?"
[9:30pm] Scantron: "Right."
[9:30pm] Alivi: "Ok."
[9:30pm] Gwen: "Sounds good to me."
[9:32pm] Lurker: He shows them the parking lot, then hops out and waves to them. "Good luck! We're all counting on you!"?
[9:32pm] Lurker: -?
[9:32pm] Gwen: Addison stops and glances over to him. "Was that an Airplane reference?"
[9:32pm] Scantron: "A what?"
[9:32pm] Scantron: Satyana gets out of the car.
[9:33pm] Alivi: "Weird…"
[9:34pm] Tom90deg: "Airplane. Great movie."
[9:34pm] Lurker: Mitchell is already gone!
[9:35pm] Gwen: Addison heads for the club.
[9:36pm] Scantron: Satyana follows. "I imagine you'll be able to get the bouncer to let us in if we don't get in right away."
[9:36pm] Gara: John follows!
[9:36pm] Alivi: Raine follows!
[9:37pm] Gwen: Addison looks over to Satyana. "Just watch me."
[9:37pm] Lurker: The bouncer looks like he's setting up the line!
[9:37pm] Tom90deg: Zoe follows Addision.
[9:38pm] Gwen: Addison ignores the line completely, making sure that her…chest is showing as she approaches.
[9:39pm] Scantron: «That works too.»
[9:39pm] Lurker: He looks over. "[Sorry, we're not open for another hour.]"
[9:40pm] Gwen: "[Come on, you want to let us in a head of time, handsome.]" Addison winks. I'd like roll Manipulation+Persuasion+Specialty+Social engineer trait, if I can.
[9:41pm] Lurker: Sure.
[9:42pm] Gwen: 1d10+12
[9:42pm] Glacon: Gwen: 18 (1d10+12=6)
[9:43pm] Lurker: He rubs the back of his neck, looking around. "[Fine, but don't bring too much attention to yourselves, okay? Just stick near the bar or something.]"
[9:44pm] Gwen: "[Thanks handsome]" Addison slips inside. «NO ONE tell Blake.»
[9:44pm] Tom90deg: «Heh, come on.»
[9:45pm] Scantron: Satyana follows. «I'm sure he'd understand.»
[9:46pm] Scantron: She nods to the bouncer as she goes in.
[9:46pm] Alivi: «Sure thing.»
[9:46pm] Gara: John heads in.
[9:46pm] Alivi: Raine follows
[9:47pm] Tom90deg: Zoe follows into the club.
[9:47pm] Lurker: The club is two levels - both containing two bars, and both with a dancefloor. There's a back room that leads up to a booth that sticks out of the far wall where there's DJ equipment, and the walls are lined with speakers. There's already a few people inside - mostly staff, but a few people milling about waiting to start dancing.
[9:47pm] Tom90deg: "Plan?"
[9:48pm] Scantron: "Scout for anything out of the usual, I would say."
[9:48pm] Gwen: "What Satyana said."
[9:48pm] Alivi: "Sounds easy enough…"
[9:49pm] Lurker: Perceptions?
[9:49pm] Gwen: 1d10+5
[9:49pm] Glacon: Gwen: 8 (1d10+5=3)
[9:49pm] Scantron: d10+7 what what?
[9:49pm] Glacon: Scantron: what what?: 12 (d10+7=5)
[9:49pm] Gara: d10+6 Seeing stuff.
[9:49pm] Glacon: Gara: Seeing stuff.: 7 (d10+6=1)
[9:49pm] Tom90deg: 1d10+3
[9:49pm] Glacon: Tom90deg: 8 (1d10+3=5)
[9:51pm] Alivi: 1d10+6
[9:51pm] Glacon: Alivi: 13 (1d10+6=7)
[9:51pm] Lurker: Everyone /except/ John seems to note that everyone's extremely on edge. Satyana and Raine notice that security seems to have a few more than would be normal for a club.
[9:52pm] Gwen: Brief mental scan? What are folks' thoughts?
[9:53pm] Alivi: "Strange."
[9:54pm] Scantron: "More security than one would expect… and everyone's looking edgy."
[9:54pm] Tom90deg: «I'm heading upstairs.»
[9:54pm] Scantron: "Of course, there have been several dead bodies showing up every week, so that could be a natural reaction. I'll meet you there, Zoe, and Addison can probably handle the DJ equipment."
[9:55pm] Lurker: Addison can tell that a lot of people are worried, because it's a Thursday, that there's going to be more deaths. Everyone's also a little bit curious about why the group is inside.
[9:55pm] Tom90deg: Zoe heads on up, and looks over the dancefloor.
[9:56pm] Gwen: Addisonnods. "Try not to stick out…they're…worried about our presence."
[9:56pm] Alivi: "Ok."
[9:56pm] Scantron: Satyana follows. To Zoe, «How do we look like we fit in? Do we need to start dancing?»
[9:57pm] Tom90deg: «NOt yet. Now we need to lounge and look too cool to actually be here.))
[9:59pm] Scantron: «But I /am/ too cool to actually be here, and I'm still getting looks.»
[9:59pm] Alivi: «I feel so strange….»
[10:00pm] Gwen: «Me too>.»
[10:02pm] Lurker: Time passes, and soon people are trickling in, getting drinks, and some light music comes on over the speakers. Before long, there's an announcement - all in German. The jist is that their special DJ is back again for another night of fun, and everyone should pile onto the dancefloor.
[10:02pm] Scantron: «What was that announcement?»
[10:02pm] Alivi: «No idea.»
[10:03pm] Tom90deg: «dunno. Just stay cool, try to see anyone acting oddly.»
[10:03pm] Alivi: «Ok…»
[10:04pm] Scantron: «Addison? Translation?»
[10:04pm] Lurker: Loud booming music starts to play, and everyone goes crazy with their dancing! It is probably not everyone's cup of tea, but the Germans seem to be digging it.
[10:04pm] Gwen: Uhm…what was the annoucement?
[10:06pm] Lurker: "The jist is that their special DJ is back again for another night of fun, and everyone should pile onto the dancefloor."
[10:07pm] Gwen: «Something about a special DJ. Something tells me…top of our suspect list.»
[10:07pm] Tom90deg: «Can we get a crosscheckand find out of the DJ is the same as the nights when people died?»
[10:08pm] Gwen: Addison nods. «I'll hop in a bouncer's head.»
[10:08pm] Lurker: You can, but first, perception! :D
[10:08pm] Scantron: From everyone?
[10:08pm] Lurker: Yep
[10:08pm] Gara: d10+6 Everyone?
[10:08pm] Glacon: Gara: Everyone?: 13 (d10+6=7)
[10:08pm] Scantron: d10+7 ur mamm
[10:08pm] Glacon: Scantron: ur mamm: 11 (d10+7=4)
[10:09pm] Tom90deg: 1d10+3
[10:09pm] Glacon: Tom90deg: 10 (1d10+3=7)
[10:09pm] Tom90deg: 1d10
[10:09pm] Glacon: Tom90deg: 3 (1d10=3)
[10:09pm] Alivi: 1d10+6
[10:09pm] Glacon: Alivi: 14 (1d10+6=8)
[10:10pm] Gwen: 1d10+5
[10:10pm] Glacon: Gwen: 12 (1d10+5=7)
[10:11pm] Lurker: Everyone notices that the club seems… bigger. Wait. No. The club is outside? There's no ceiling, it's just a vibrant blue sky with streaks of colours waving through it. The walls are definitely getting further away… and the dancefloor beckons, almost like it's demanding they start to move to the beat.
[10:12pm] Scantron: "Wha…" Satyana taps her foot.
[10:13pm] Scantron is now known as Scanshits.
[10:13pm] Gwen: Addison blinks and squints. "Uh…oh…
[10:13pm] Alivi: «What is going on?» Raine looks around confused as he feels himself sway to the music a bit
[10:14pm] Gwen: <N-Not sure…>
[10:14pm] Lurker: Several patrons are getting really into it. A couple of guys have taken their shirts off.
[10:15pm] Tom90deg: «Music…Ok, we need to get ready to cut the power.»
[10:15pm] Lurker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ9Ac7jlz7I
[10:15pm] Glacon: Lurker: DJ Bimmz - Sky High (Sëxy Rüssel) - length 4m 30s - rated 4.97/5.0 (116) - 7,421 views - darthnihiluspwns on 2010.06.15
[10:15pm] Lurker: The dancefloor looks really like the place to be!
[10:16pm] Lurker: People can roll resolve+will to try and break free.
[10:16pm] Lurker: Err… not will
[10:16pm] Lurker: composure! That's the one.
[10:17pm] Gwen: 1d10+5
[10:17pm] Glacon: Gwen: 11 (1d10+5=6)
[10:17pm] Lurker: Addison has broken free!
[10:17pm] Scanshits: d10+6
[10:17pm] Glacon: Scanshits: 15 (d10+6=9)
[10:17pm] Lurker: So does Satyana!
[10:17pm] Gara: d10+2+3
[10:17pm] Glacon: Gara: 15 (d10+2+3=10)
[10:17pm] Gara: d10
[10:17pm] Glacon: Gara: 3 (d10=3)
[10:17pm] Tom90deg: 1d10+2
[10:17pm] Glacon: Tom90deg: 9 (1d10+2=7)
[10:17pm] Scanshits is now known as Scantron.
[10:17pm] Lurker: And John!
[10:18pm] Lurker: Zoe too!
[10:18pm] Lurker: Although she still kinda wants to dance.
[10:18pm] Lurker: It's not nearly as bad as it was
[10:18pm] Lurker: Does Raine?
[10:18pm] Tom90deg: «Guys, we….Damn it, we really need to get to the dancefloor. I mean the booth.»
[10:19pm] Scantron: «Right, right. Definitely something is going on here.» She looks up at the sky. «Is everyone else seeing the sky with bright colors in it, or did I somehow get given drugs?»
[10:20pm] Tom90deg: «Yah…»
[10:20pm] Tom90deg: «Also…I really really want to dance.»
[10:20pm] Alivi: 1d10+6
[10:20pm] Glacon: Alivi: 13 (1d10+6=7)
[10:20pm] Scantron: «Well, uh… don't. Or maybe do. If only a few people died, maybe they were the ones that didn't. But my gut instinct is to not do whatever I feel compelled to do…»
[10:21pm] Gwen: «Do NOT give in to it!»
[10:22pm] Scantron: «I really wish we knew more about the situation… /shit/.»
[10:22pm] Lurker: Raine also breaks out.
[10:22pm] Lurker: Pause
[10:23pm] Tom90deg: «Well, can we kill the music then?»
[10:23pm] Lurker: Upon breaking free from the obvious hallucinations - they can see trails of white coming from the speakers and wrapping around people. There are wisps that seem to be fading from where the trails were wrapped around themselves. It's almost like the wisps are puppeteering people.
[10:23pm] Lurker: Unpause
[10:24pm] Alivi: «What are those??"
[10:24pm] Alivi: »*
[10:24pm] Scantron: «Hm…» Int+Occult to identify?
[10:25pm] Lurker: Yes.
[10:26pm] Tom90deg: «CAn we unplug them?»
[10:26pm] Gwen: «I say we cut power to this place.»
[10:27pm] Scantron: d10+9 wat
[10:27pm] Glacon: Scantron: wat: 10 (d10+9=1)
[10:27pm] Scantron: d10+9 this is my reroll
[10:27pm] Glacon: Scantron: this is my reroll: 14 (d10+9=5)
[10:27pm] Tom90deg: «Agreed»
[10:28pm] Lurker: Satyana: It's… well… close inspection would be that it's sound, but that can't be right. Sound isn't visible.
[10:29pm] Scantron: «Well that can't be right. It looks like… sound… but you can't see sound.»
[10:30pm] Lurker: Also, it might be noted that the security is dancing.
[10:30pm] Tom90deg: «Whatever it is, we need to stop it.»
[10:30pm] Tom90deg: «Where do you think power is?»
[10:31pm] Gara is now known as Garawat.
[10:31pm] Gwen: Can Addison find a breaker box?
[10:32pm] Scantron: «I'm not an electrician, unfortunately. Addison, you try and find the breaker box; the rest of us will try and find the DJ?»
[10:33pm] Alivi: «Do you want me to gain a visual of the place?».
[10:33pm] Garawat is now known as Gara.
[10:33pm] Lurker: Addison'd probably need to get to the maintenance area first - can't have breakers in the middle of the dancefloor, y'know.
[10:33pm] Scantron: «That would be excellent.»
[10:33pm] Scantron: Satyana goes to Raine's location.
[10:33pm] Tom90deg: «I'll get to the DJ.»
[10:33pm] Lurker: The music intensifies, and people on the dancefloor seem to be getting even more into it, some people moshing, others making out while dancing - it's kinda messy and strange to watch.
[10:34pm] Gara: John tries to head to the DJ.
[10:34pm] Gwen: Addison makes a b-line for the maintenance area.
[10:35pm] Tom90deg: Zoe heads to the DJ as well, looking for the door or anything.
[10:35pm] Alivi: 1d10+6
[10:35pm] Glacon: Alivi: 16 (1d10+6=10)
[10:35pm] Alivi: 1d10
[10:35pm] Glacon: Alivi: 4 (1d10=4)
[10:36pm] Lurker: Raine's doing his ice-sight thing?
[10:37pm] Gwen: Int+Investigation to find the box?
[10:37pm] Lurker: Yep!
[10:37pm] Alivi: yep
[10:39pm] Lurker: Raine gets a perfect view of the dancefloor - there's no obstacles between anyone and the employee access doors - mainly because all the employees and everyone in the club are trying to fit on the dancefloor and dance! They all see to be tripping out really hard, the tendrils of 'sound' wrapped around them while they move.
[10:39pm] Lurker: John and Zoe head with Addison to the employee access doors, and split up. They're heading up, Addison's heading back.
[10:39pm] Gwen: 1d10+10 w/ Computer Genuis trait
[10:39pm] Glacon: Gwen: w/ Computer Genuis trait: 17 (1d10+10=7)
[10:40pm] Lurker: Addison manages to find the maintenance room! It needs to have it's lock picked, or she needs to kick it in. Her choice.
[10:40pm] Alivi: «Even the employees are on the dance floor…»
[10:41pm] Scantron: «Clearly some mental effect. Can you get a view on the DJ booth place?»
[10:41pm] Gwen: "Zo' rock paper scissors." Addison holds out her fist.
[10:41pm] Lurker: Oh, Raine can vouch for Addison - the breaker /is/ in the maintenance room.
[10:41pm] Tom90deg: "Kick it in."
[10:42pm] Gwen: Addison starts picking the lock
[10:42pm] Alivi: «THe breaker is in the mantanice room by the way,» Raine focuses on the DJ Booth
[10:42pm] Gwen: 1d10+9
[10:42pm] Glacon: Gwen: 12 (1d10+9=3)
[10:43pm] Lurker: Click! Addi is into the maintenance room.
[10:43pm] Lurker: The DJ booth has a figure with a hood on, and what appears to be a mask with two bright eyes. Kind of got a Daft Punk or Deadmau5 vibe going on. Except… yeah, those aren't human hands. Those are very much not human hands. Three fingers, one thumb, all bony and clawed and 100% not human.
[10:44pm] Gwen: «Cutting everything…now» Addison starts cutting everything that looks like it might be NOT LIGHTS
[10:45pm] Tom90deg: Zoe moves into the DJ booth
[10:45pm] Alivi: «that….is not human….»
[10:45pm] Lurker: Roll 1d5 Gwen
[10:45pm] Gwen: 1d5
[10:45pm] Glacon: Gwen: 4 (1d5=4)
[10:46pm] Lurker: Addison shuts off the dancefloor's light-up floor! It is not the lights.
[10:46pm] Scantron: «Agreed.» What should Satyana roll to identify those claws?
[10:46pm] Lurker: Zoe: The door is locked.
[10:46pm] Lurker: Satyana: Still with Raine?
[10:47pm] Scantron: Indeed.
[10:47pm] Tom90deg: Zoe goes down and stars picking the lock
[10:47pm] Tom90deg: 1d10+10 (Larceny+Dex)
[10:47pm] Glacon: Tom90deg: (Larceny+Dex): 12 (1d10+10=2)
[10:49pm] Lurker: Int+Occult, although unless Satyana can see the hands, there's a -3 penalty.
[10:49pm] Gwen: Addison tries again
[10:49pm] Lurker: Now it's 1d4 this time
[10:49pm] Lurker: Zoe picks the lock!
[10:50pm] Gwen: 1d14
[10:50pm] Glacon: Gwen: 3 (1d14=3)
[10:50pm] Gwen: Err…
[10:51pm] Lurker: I'll count it
[10:51pm] Lurker: Addison kills the sound!
[10:51pm] Scantron: d10+9 if they're visible on th icePad, Satyana can see them. If not, take 3 off of this.
[10:51pm] Glacon: Scantron: if they're visible on th icePad, Satyana can see them. If not, take 3 off of this.: 10 (d10+9=1)
[10:51pm] Scantron: well she fails regardless
[10:52pm] Alivi: They are.
[10:53pm] Gwen: «Take out the DJ!»
[10:53pm] Alivi: «Got it!»
[10:53pm] Alivi: Raine moves to freezes the DJ in place.
[10:53pm] Alivi: 1d10+6
[10:53pm] Glacon: Alivi: 13 (1d10+6=7)
[10:54pm] Tom90deg: Zoe opens up the door and moves in!
[10:54pm] Tom90deg: "Oi!"
[10:54pm] Scantron: «I have no idea what it is, by the way.»
[10:54pm] Lurker: The figure turns, ice appearing all over the coat he's wearing. "Aw hell," it mutters - face not moving at all. "Who let you in here?"
[10:55pm] Tom90deg: "It's what I do. Back away!"
[10:56pm] Tom90deg: «Got him locked down, sorta. Need some assistance.»
[10:56pm] Tom90deg: Zoe pulles outher stun-gun.
[10:57pm] Alivi: Raine tries to keep a good hold on the ice.
[10:58pm] Gwen: Addison starts heading down towards the rest of the team.
[10:59pm] Tom90deg: «Um…What now?»
[10:59pm] Alivi: «No idea…>
[11:00pm] Lurker: The figure looks at the ice, then shrugs. "Well, I have to admit, you've got me pretty good… or you would have…"
[11:00pm] Tom90deg: «Guys? WE need a plan.»
[11:00pm] Lurker: Something rams into Addison as she heads out of the maintenance room. "Except you're awfully loud when you're picking locks. I could hear you over the tunes."
[11:00pm] Gwen: «Stun him. We'll question him on the plane.»
[11:01pm] Alivi: "What?"
[11:01pm] Tom90deg: Zoe fires her stun gun at the figure
[11:02pm] Scantron: "What?"
[11:02pm] Tom90deg: 1d10+5
[11:02pm] Glacon: Tom90deg: 11 (1d10+5=6)
[11:03pm] Lurker: The stungun hits the figure, but it just /melts/ to the floor, and turns into the white wispy 'sound' again.
[11:04pm] Alivi: "Perkele!'
[11:04pm] Scantron: "This is not going well." She looks around. What are people doing without the music?
[11:05pm] Tom90deg: "Ok, plan B?"
[11:05pm] Tom90deg: «Anyone, plan B?»
[11:06pm] Alivi: Raine watches the wisp. <Idunno…>
[11:06pm] Lurker: 1d10+5
[11:06pm] Glacon: Lurker: 12 (1d10+5=7)
[11:06pm] Gwen: Addison yelps and loses her footing. «Help!»
[11:07pm] Alivi: «Addison?»
[11:07pm] Lurker: Raine can see that the thing just ran into Addison and is bolting for the emergency escape.
[11:07pm] Gwen: «I think he's here with me! Second floor!»
[11:07pm] Alivi: 1d10+6
[11:07pm] Glacon: Alivi: 7 (1d10+6=1)
[11:08pm] Alivi: 1d10+8 tagging supercooled crystals to freeze the emergency escape over with an icewall.
[11:08pm] Glacon: Alivi: tagging supercooled crystals to freeze the emergency escape over with an icewall.: 12 (1d10+8=4)
[11:09pm] Alivi: Raine makes a dash towards where it is.
[11:09pm] Lurker: The wall works, and stalls the creature as it starts to hack at the ice with it's claws.
[11:10pm] Tom90deg: Zoe runs over to where Addision is, drawing out her sword.
[11:10pm] Gwen: Addison stands. "I miss pants…" Addison heads out after the guy. The moment he in sight, she's knocking him out.
[11:10pm] Lurker: The creature lets out an angry roar and turns around. "What do you /want/? Can't you see they're happy?!"
[11:11pm] Gara: John runs after Zoe.
[11:11pm] Lurker: Oh, also, as Raine and Satyana leave - people are coming out of their trance due to the lack of music.
[11:11pm] Tom90deg: "Nope!
[11:11pm] Tom90deg: "
[11:12pm] Scantron: Satyana runs after Zoe.
[11:13pm] Gwen: Can I knock him out?
[11:14pm] Lurker: Yes.
[11:15pm] Gwen: 1d10+12
[11:15pm] Glacon: Gwen: 21 (1d10+12=9)
[11:16pm] Lurker: Uhm… ow. Yeah. He's down.
[11:16pm] Scantron: er, after Raine. Man I'm goofing up.
[11:20pm] Tom90deg: Zoe approaches Addision. "Damn….Nice hit."
[11:21pm] Scantron: Satyana follows closely. "Agreed."
[11:21pm] Gara: "Okay. What now?"
[11:22pm] Scantron: "We head back home for debriefing."
[11:23pm] Gwen: Addison looks to the out cold guy. "We drag his ass back to London."
[11:24pm] Alivi: "Yep."
[11:24pm] Tom90deg: "Wonderful."
[11:24pm] Tom90deg: "Welp."
[11:28pm] Tom90deg: Zoe begins to heft the guy, dragging him out of the club.
[11:28pm] Gara: John follows her out.
[11:29pm] Scantron: Satyana follows as well. "I can't believe I forgot to bring a coat. It's cold out."
[11:29pm] Lurker: Everyone makes it back to the plane, and then back to the Bureau safely. Greg takes the knocked out thing to a lockup with The Director.
[11:32pm] Scantron: Satyana goes to her condo and changes into her normal clothing (relatively modest dress), then goes to Zoe and returns the outfit. "Here."
[11:37pm] Tom90deg: "Thanks. You looked good, by the way."
[11:38pm] Lurker: Greg is in the lounge.
[11:38pm] Tom90deg: Zoe plops on the couch. "So…How's it going doc?"
[11:40pm] Gara: John goes to the lounge, having changed into more casual clothes.
[11:41pm] Lurker: Is that to Greg or…?
[11:47pm] Gara: He sits on the couch. "Pretty okay. Any day I don't have to do my job is good for me and people around me."
[11:48pm] Tom90deg: "Yup, true enough."
[11:49pm] Scantron: "That's good to know." She sits down next to Zoe. To John, "I agree."
[11:50pm] Scantron: "Is there anything we should know about you?"
[11:50pm] Gara: "I'm not quite sure what you would consider something you should know, really."
[11:51pm] Gwen left the chat room. (Quit: Computer has gone to sleep.)
[11:53pm] Scantron: "Anything that could negatively affect your performance or usefulness in the field. For example, I fall asleep when exposed to calming music, and Addison is wanted for various crimes at casinos worldwide."
[11:54pm] Gara: "Ah. Well. I don't fight."
[11:54pm] Gara: "That won't effect my roll as a medic, of course."
[11:54pm] Gara: role*
[11:54pm] Scantron: "You mean 'role'."
[11:56pm] Gara: "…Yes?"
[11:57pm] Scantron: "You said roll."
[11:58pm] Gara: He looks completely lost. "I… Yes, I did."
[12:00am] Scantron: "Those are homonyms."
[12:00am] Scantron: She rolls her eyes. "Never mind. How did you get recruited?"
[12:02am] Gara: "I was shot three times in the chest, and was healed by a rod an old professor gave to me. I got home, and was offered a job here."
[12:03am] Scantron: "Ah. The Bureau was probably already doing an operation in your area — turnaround time is generally at least a day for low-level anomalies like that. Do you still have the rod?"
[12:03am] Gara is now known as Garaway.
[12:11am] Garaway left the chat room. (Quit: Hold on.)
[12:12am] Tom90deg left the chat room. (Connection reset by peer)
[12:13am] Tom90deg joined the chat room.
[12:14am] Gara joined the chat room.
[12:15am] Gara: "Yes, I do."
[12:15am] Scantron: "Can I see it?"
[12:15am] Gara is now known as Garaway.
[12:15am] Garaway is now known as Gara.
[12:17am] Gara: "If you would like. Hold on." he stands, and heads out to his condo. He returns with a messenger bag over his shoulder. "Does anyone have any open cuts, if so, you may want to step out."
[12:19am] Scantron: "I have none."
[12:27am] Gara: "Good." he opens the bag and takes out the Rod. It has a solid foot of wood body, with a silver snake curling up it. The snake has a bend about midway through that make a grip.
[12:28am] Scantron: "Hm…" She examines it for a moment. "Interesting… I need to go to sleep now." She stands up. "I look forward to working with you." She turns around and heads off to her condo.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License